Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 9650 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:3/3/07 4:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
LiZ said... (3/12/07 3:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket , theclosure looks realy good.
Kathi R said... (3/11/07 7:49 PM) Reply
It is a tribute to your skills that you made such a beautiful garment from that fabric.....I saw it on Fabric Mart's site and loved it, but knew I couldn't tame it. You have a one of a kind work of art. Thanks for the review.
LorelleD said... (3/5/07 2:41 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I enjoyed your review.
Vonnevo said... (3/4/07 10:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful everything Liana :))
Ody said... (3/4/07 9:07 PM) Reply
The closures make the whole outfit and make it look so unique and individual. Wonderful!!
OP Gal said... (3/4/07 7:11 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out beautifully despite the fabric problems. I especially like the closure you fashioned. Tres chic!
nicegirl said... (3/4/07 11:19 AM) Reply
It came out beautiful! I especially love your closure.
apple annie said... (3/4/07 9:59 AM) Reply
Liana, I so love the closure and how it reflects the design elements of the print. Great job and one would never guess you struggled with the fabric. Looks fabulous on you!!!
Tany said... (3/4/07 4:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, it's perfect on you. I love the closure detail.
Helen near Sydney said... (3/4/07 2:49 AM) Reply
Gorgeous.
Debbie Cook said... (3/4/07 1:15 AM) Reply
Liana, lovely jacket! It looks smashing on you. I'm really liking longer tops/jackets on you.
kathi s said... (3/4/07 0:16 AM) Reply
Liana, you are the PR queen of Marfy patterns! I love your jacket especially the fabric (despite it's uncooperativeness) and your inspired closure!
PVA said... (3/3/07 7:46 PM) Reply
Oh, Liana -- another truly elegant creation! Every now & then I kind of wonder what you would expect from yourself to change your skills rating from advanced to expert/couture? I took advantage of the opportunity to browse thru your Marfy photo gallery & Holy Hanrahan, it's awesome! Thanks again for a very informative & inspirational review.
cindy-lou said... (3/3/07 6:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, and again, your fabric (if misbehaved) is a beautiful choice. I love the blend of conservative and boho in this jacket-- it can have an eccentric closure and still look very tailored. I think maybe the stiff hand of the fabric adds to that look. Painful, but oh-so-rewarding in the end!
hongkongshopper said... (3/3/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Liana, well done! Gorgeous as always. The button closure is a nice touch.
Mufffet said... (3/3/07 3:36 PM) Reply
Excellent results despite the problems you had. Lovely looking fabric and great fit!
Maychi said... (3/3/07 3:34 PM) Reply
Regardless of your fabric issues, the jacket looks wonderful! I love the closure!
Liana said... (3/3/07 3:12 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the very nice comments! Great to have them from those who understand recalcitrant fabric! 2muchfabric, I did make the pants as well. Click Here for my review, although I have changed the leg shape, but it's my TNT pant pattern.
Diane E said... (3/3/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Wow, talk about taking a difficult fabric and making something awesome with it! Beautiful jacket and beautiful closure.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (3/3/07 2:00 PM) Reply
Another really Lovely Liana creation.
Cheryl Reeves said... (3/3/07 12:54 PM) Reply
Love your jacket and your creative closure. Very pretty.
AngieC said... (3/3/07 11:14 AM) Reply
I would love to shop in your closet Liana! Another elegant and creative project that looks wonderful on you. Great review.
Cecile Owens said... (3/3/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Always a pleasure to see your selections and read your reviews. Thank you.
SarahWeb said... (3/3/07 10:42 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks lovely on you. I am so interested to read your detailed reviews, particularly of Marfy patterns. I am working up to trying my first.
2muchfabric said... (3/3/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Stunning and sophisticated ensemble! Love your artistic closure. Thanks for the helpful review and sharing the difficulties of working with challenging fabric. I was wondering if you made your pants as well?
carolynw said... (3/3/07 9:40 AM) Reply
A beauty as usual - you never fail to inspire!!
Riordan said... (3/3/07 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!! Your work is always inspirational!!
suzanrossi said... (3/3/07 8:47 AM) Reply
It is simply elegant! Closure is perfect, too.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/3/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Oh Liana, it turned out so beautiful, despite the fabric's orneriness! I have to try more Marfy designs. I have a couple in my stash, but I haven't taken the time to make them yet. You're an inspiration! -Ann
Marji said... (3/3/07 8:24 AM) Reply
Liana, the results are wonderful, even if the process was not. On first look at the Pic my reaction was "she always chooses the perfect marriage of fabric and design" ... guess the results put the lie to the struggle you had with it. Enjoy your fabulous jacket and the complements that are sure to come with wearing it.
Nancy K said... (3/3/07 7:52 AM) Reply
Considering that you couldn't have had this pattern for long I am amazed that you completed this so quickly! It looks wonderful and the sleeve heads look perfect, a tribute to your excellent skill. It is a really lovely jacket and I love how it looks with the plain pants. I thought that the drawing with a matching skirt was a look only usable for evening, but this is infinitely more versatile. Great review
blue mooney said... (3/3/07 7:50 AM) Reply
I remember liking that fabric. Sorry to hear it was challenging, but you were up to the task! Elegant jacket.
PhyllisC said... (3/3/07 7:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket Liana, and the closure is wonderful!
CarolynGM said... (3/3/07 7:05 AM) Reply
Regardless of the persnickety fabric, the jacket turned out just lovely and lovely on you. Great closure.

by: LM2HYD