Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 211 (Wonder Wallet)

Viewed 1969 times
Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:3/8/07 9:37 AM
Last Updated:3/8/07 9:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Oceanpeg said... (4/4/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Looks great. Will probably be making them to match the Lazy Girl purses and totes as soon as my patterns arrive. GREAT IDEA MAKING MORE THAN ONE OF THEM.... One for store cards. One for charge cards and one for library cards and the like. That's really called ORGANIZATION!
Oceanpeg said... (4/4/08 10:27 PM) Reply

myrt said... (7/18/07 2:46 AM) Reply
ihave never seen this before, can it be slghtly enlarged to hold more? what kinds of fabric workbest? would tapestry be to thick?
CSM--Carla said... (3/10/07 4:03 PM) Reply
Cute wallet Deepika! Love your choice of fabric! Carla
BeckyC said... (3/10/07 11:17 AM) Reply
Very nice Wonder Wallet! I love your fabric choices. I've made quite a few of these wallets, but have yet to review them. I hand sew a decorative button on the front to hide the stitching from the velcro. I use these wallets for travel or when I need to lighten my purse for shopping. I do like Skymom's idea to make a few of these to throw certain categories of shopping cards in to keep one's wallet and purse more organized.
Deepika said... (3/10/07 9:55 AM) Reply
Skymom, that's such a great idea. Things I don't need to use everyday like insurance cards and such... I can totally put away in my purse in another WW. Plus that gives me an excuse to make another one. Great idea!
Skymom said... (3/9/07 1:44 PM) Reply
THis was a very helpful review--thanks! I have the same overstuffage problem with my current purchased wallet. I'm thinking I could make 2-3 of these Wonder Wallets and put different cards in each. I know that sounds strange, but I'd almost rather have a couple of wallets in coordinating fabrics than one that's exploding with all my stuff!
SimsSews said... (3/9/07 8:51 AM) Reply
Fabulous project, very useful too. I wonder if an adjustable length strap (detachable perhaps) might make this perfect for say trips to the zoo with the kids when just a few id cards and (lots of) cash are needed. Hmm... summer vacation is coming up. Thanks for the review, quick to sew, so we're justified for adding it to our project list!
Annette1 said... (3/8/07 11:01 PM) Reply
You know, I'm carrying around all my cards rubber-banded together in a pocket in my purse right now, so this looks like a winner! Thanks for the great review. I love your site, too, Deepika. This has given me as much pleasure as anything I can think of for quite some time. Thank you. :o)
Donna H said... (3/8/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Cute wallet. But I need ANOTHER pic of that front card...could you hold it up please??? :)
Karen6790 said... (3/8/07 10:29 PM) Reply
This is absolutely adorable. I didn't know I needed to make a wallet, but I've loved all the Lazy Girl patterns I've tried so far and this looks really useful in addition to being cute. I love your striped fabric. Nice job.
drsue said... (3/8/07 10:23 PM) Reply
Nice job! I hadn't noticed this pattern before. I think your version is more engaging.
Deepika said... (3/8/07 7:33 PM) Reply
Linda, thanks for the kind words about the site. Regarding the pen icon, please read this on the help page.
Linda G said... (3/8/07 6:24 PM) Reply
Very nice, I love that purse and the wallet is great also. And thank you for this wonderful site...I have done a few reviews and am fairly new...but keep up the great work. Not probably the place to ask this but why do my replies always have a little pen behind them...or is that something only I can see because I wrote it?
Mirza said... (3/8/07 3:14 PM) Reply
Cute wallet. I just bought this pattern and look forward to making. Might make it for some nieces/nephews for Xmas and put in some cash. Instead of using sew on velcro, what about using Velcro's Fabric Fusion? It is iron on and is very sturdy. I have used it and love this stuff. There was a review done on this product . This is the link: I have seen the product at Hancock's and even Walmart!
Dale C said... (3/8/07 2:08 PM) Reply
Cute little wallet! But boy did you stuff it!
Elona said... (3/8/07 11:09 AM) Reply
How cute, Deepika! I love seeing pics of the little wallet all stuffed.
Rebecca H said... (3/8/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Good job, I like your fabric choice. I think it still looks good full. Why do we all need so many cards?
Debbie Cook said... (3/8/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Great wallet, and yours actually has cash in it. Mine never seems to. ;-)
j222b said... (3/8/07 10:09 AM) Reply
Nice wallet and I love AB's fabric. I have not made a wonder wallet, yet. I have a RTW cloth wallet (American Tourister) that has a 1x4 inch strap sewn to the outside back and attaches w velcro to the outside front ( strap is straight in back & rounded at front). Strap really works when the walllet is overstuffed.

by: mangoflavo...