Pattern Reviews> McCall's> OOP POST Cereal Offer (Misses' Tunic/Dress 1971)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:3/11/07 7:11 PM
Last Updated:3/11/07 7:11 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
AnneM said... (3/23/07 3:20 PM) Reply
This is so funny, a cereal pattern. Maybe they will start doing this again now that sewing is on the upswing?
poplin said... (3/13/07 3:36 AM) Reply
You rock. Great review!
patsijean said... (3/12/07 11:56 PM) Reply
"Y'all know by now, I love the 60's and 70's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So did I. This is a "brings back memories" dress. I love your version.
Heatherrique said... (3/12/07 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the sweet comments! Who would imagine sending cereal box tops for sewing patterns today? Cereal and sewing....Reading and analyzing cereal nutritional labels and reading and following directions of sewing patterns. Cereal is good for the body and sewing good for the creative spirit. So there is some correlation between a healthy breakfast, and activities that engage the mind and spirit....Home Economics (that's what it was called when I was growing up) is becoming an obsolete class in our public schools today. Many of my students envy me for taking that class years ago and the fact that I can sew some outfits! It is quite a shame that classes that teach children practical life skills are being eliminated. I think such classes motivate students to stay in school, give them a sense of accomplishment and achievement which readily transfer to the core classes - math, English, science.
Josephine said... (3/12/07 2:13 PM) Reply
I love it!! I'm a total 60's/70's nut, too. And I love that Marlo pic! :-D
blue mooney said... (3/12/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Very cute - and thanks for sharing your inspiration photos!
Annette1 said... (3/12/07 12:00 PM) Reply
Very cool! This looks great on you -- and I've never heard of a pattern being given away with cereal. I wish they'd do that now -- ha! Great job. :o)
Irene Q said... (3/12/07 11:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing this vintage pattern with us - the "cereal company" part cracked me up!! And congratulations on sewing it up - it's still a really cute style.
fuzzygalore said... (3/12/07 10:58 AM) Reply
This looks really cool! And really good on you too. I would have chickened out at the thought of different buttons on the pockets, but you're right, it just makes it more interesting. Anyway, congratulations :-).
quilter55 said... (3/12/07 8:24 AM) Reply
What a cool dress and great fit! I also have a McCall's pattern made for Quaker Oats cereal; A-line dress or separates probably from about the same time.
ryan's mom said... (3/12/07 7:24 AM) Reply
Wow! This looks terrific on you, and what a great style!
Helen near Sydney said... (3/12/07 4:27 AM) Reply
I love your links.
Nancywin said... (3/12/07 1:28 AM) Reply
You will get a lot of wear out of this dress. Very cute!
carolynw said... (3/11/07 10:39 PM) Reply
I just had to read this review - a cereal offer pattern!! This looks real nice on you - you did a fantastic job.
Tiner W said... (3/11/07 10:32 PM) Reply
How cool--a pattern from a cereal company! Very cute!
Christina Sonja said... (3/11/07 7:19 PM) Reply