Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3120 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:1/4/03 4:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Vesta Patterns

Gigi Louis said... (1/4/03 8:43 PM) Reply
This is adorable on you! I am dying to make the one with the lacing (I think may put some kind of underlay in there though).
said... (1/4/03 7:06 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful, Deepika. Very becoming color and neckline.
Deepika said... (1/4/03 6:53 PM) Reply
Annette, thanks! The sleeve is just one piece.
Snowkitty said... (1/4/03 6:46 PM) Reply
Hi Deepika! Your top looks great. Is this sleeve one or two piece? Thanks!
Deepika said... (1/4/03 6:14 PM) Reply
It's always thrilling to read comments on one's work. Thanks everyone. Georgene, good idea for a contest! And yes, color blocking is the next thing I am going to go for. That's why I wanted to make sure this pattern is the right choice or not. Now that I have some confidence on this neckline technique, the next one I want to try is neckline binding and in that I could use the same color as the sleeves. I don't think this pattern has the binding instructions, but I don't think its that difficult.
Nan said... (1/4/03 6:08 PM) Reply
This looks so cute on you and very professional. Great job!
Georgene said... (1/4/03 4:51 PM) Reply
Good description of the neckline trimming technique, Deepika. That type of finish is also a good opportunity to use a contrast color fabric. And of course raglans are great for colorblocking. Endless combos! (new contest? how many ways to use the same pattern?)
alex said... (1/4/03 4:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I bought this pattern too when it came out because I like the look of the short sleeve version, but after seeing yours and Rustybobn's pictures, I may try the long sleeve version too!
Teri said... (1/4/03 4:44 PM) Reply
Deepika, what a nice looking top. Do you think the shaping is as nice as our favorite Burda Tee?
LoriB said... (1/4/03 4:42 PM) Reply
Very nice top Deepika! I like self fabric necklines also. I think they sometimes work better than "turn and stitch" because the grainline of the binding is all in the same direction whereas if you just turn the neckline under, the grainline changes as the neckline curves.

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

HotPatterns 1034