Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8082 (Shirt)

Reviewed by:Kelly D.

About Kelly D.star
Member since: 4/24/05
Posted on:3/15/07 6:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Plus
AnneM said... (4/1/07 9:14 PM) Reply
Great info in your review - certain to be helpful to someone trying this pattern out.
Annette1 said... (3/16/07 10:37 PM) Reply
I'm glad I read your review, becuase I have this pattern too, and I also have narrow shoulders. I've got a Kwik Sew one on the top of my sack that I've been thinking bout, which also has the ruching down the front. It's No. 3450. You might want to take a look at it. I'm pasting in the link here: http://www.kwiksew.com/Patterns/P3434_3455/3450.cfm
Kelly D. said... (3/16/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Just back from JoAnn's and McCall's 4517 is not in the current catalogue or in the drawer either. Too bad, I wanted to try it! It is, however, available on ebay and on the McCall's website, although I'm not sure I want to pay $15.95 plus shipping and I don't do ebay...yet. Yes, I'm afraid of what might happen if I ever get started.
Kelly D. said... (3/16/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Thanks, Nancywin, that looks like a good pattern to try. I like that variation with the gathers to the side as well. Can't wait to try it!
cecelia said... (3/16/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Very pretty--glad it worked out in the end. I hear you about not knowing how different knits will react!
Nancywin said... (3/15/07 10:27 PM) Reply
Yours looks very nice. You might want to look at McCalls 4517 . It is very similar. I also have narrow shoulders and I like that this one makes me look like my shoulders are wider. Yours looks like it fits very well.
Linda G said... (3/15/07 7:41 PM) Reply
Very nice looking
Frogstitcher said... (3/15/07 7:01 PM) Reply
I also really like the gathered bust detail. Nice job.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns