Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 132 (Moroccan Burnoose)

Reviewed by:moss

About mossstar
Member since: 8/23/06
Posted on:3/16/07 9:03 AM
Last Updated:10/23/07 10:08 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
KahlilGibran said... (7/8/09 1:15 PM) Reply
I agree the burnoose is wonderful to wear. It is even more nice to wear it with two or more. So that you are no longer an exception. Your man needs a bigger one but that should not be a probleme. After all its a men's piece of clothing. So give him a wonderful arabic cape as birthday present and have together more fun in wearing it. Wishing you a good time, Kahlil
Annette1 said... (3/17/07 0:19 AM) Reply
I don't pay any credence to weird-look-givers. :o) I probably think they're a little weird, too. This is GREAT! And I LOVE your dog. (We have four dogs.)
Seamingly Simple said... (3/16/07 9:18 PM) Reply
To heck with the sun, I'd like one for "discreet camouflage"!
Karen Easter said... (3/16/07 9:12 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great idea to use the Moroccan Burnoose in a summer fabric to keep the sun off your skin! I made one in wool for winter years ago, but it never occurred to me to do one in linen for summer -- even though I have incredibly sun-sensitive skin and am allergic to most sunscreens. This goes on my summer sewing list RIGHT away!
oracle said... (3/16/07 5:22 PM) Reply
I love it! And I love the way you did it -- your choice of fabric and trim. Your dog on his back gave me a warm laugh.
Mary Stiefer said... (3/16/07 5:11 PM) Reply
This looks fabulous - wow - what fun to wear
fuzzygalore said... (3/16/07 2:28 PM) Reply
Strange looks are just envy, especially in this case :-).
Marie-Claude said... (3/16/07 12:20 PM) Reply
It looks great! And yes, so what if people are giving you strange looks. I'm amazed that you did it all by hand!
Luckylibbet said... (3/16/07 11:38 AM) Reply
Did you really sew it all by hand? Wow, that must have taken just about forever. I think it's great.
Annika said... (3/16/07 11:09 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Go ahead and get weird looks - usually its because other people are not brave enough to wear something so cool and they're looking at you imagining what they're missing!
Carlotta said... (3/16/07 9:30 AM) Reply
That is HOT!
Tiner W said... (3/16/07 9:24 AM) Reply
I love it! This will be so much fun to wear!

Understanding Wool Fabrics