Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4020 (Batwing 80s Knit Top)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:3/21/07 1:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
AnneM said... (3/25/07 5:02 PM) Reply
Nice top. I picked up this pattern for view D, but this view is turning out well in the reviews.
SarahWeb said... (3/24/07 9:35 AM) Reply
Very, very hip. I love the fabric and I think the style looks great on you!
Harriet Rogers said... (3/22/07 12:11 PM) Reply
I think this is a real winner: perfect for the Spring weather that's on it's way. Love the colors and the style on you.
ryan's mom said... (3/22/07 6:33 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! I would not buy this based on the pattern envelope pics--just not my style, but your version makes it look terrific and with a great print too.
SusiM said... (3/22/07 0:23 AM) Reply
i really like your style and the info you share in your reviews. Thanks. The top is cute.
Linda G said... (3/21/07 8:46 PM) Reply
I think it looks great
Vonnevo said... (3/21/07 7:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous top and fabric Nicegirl !!!
Sew4Fun said... (3/21/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Nice top. I like how you altered the neckline.
jnamcd said... (3/21/07 3:49 PM) Reply
I really like this! I really like your fabric, too! I admit, Deb's RTW knock-off was great --and I have this pattern too, but didn't even think that it was similar to her awesome creation! Actually, I've been eyeing that pattern in my stash and was wondering why I bought it, but now after being reminded of Deb's, and after seeing your great creation, I'm going to have to give it a try! Thanks!
nicegirl said... (3/21/07 3:29 PM) Reply
Oh man, you're right j22b. It is 1985 (I originally wrote 1984). In my defense, the song was actually about 1984, but 1985 rhymes with "preoccupied." OK, I didn't really know that before but it's on the official Bowling for Soup website in their bio.
kiddo said... (3/21/07 3:27 PM) Reply
Great job!
j222b said... (3/21/07 3:13 PM) Reply
The song was "1985", I think. I like your reviews (& your taste in music).
frame said... (3/21/07 2:23 PM) Reply
Cute top on you. I like the fabric. It's nice that in your reviews, you mention the time it took to make the garment, where you purchased your fabric and an approximate cost. Even if you don't sew to save money (although I do), you have to appreciate how much you can save by making something yourself.
Gold said... (3/21/07 1:48 PM) Reply
Love the colors. Great details you did.
squirrellypoo said... (3/21/07 1:44 PM) Reply
That's really cute, even if it is just a short-term thrill. I made a different view on this patterns and LOVED it - I was shocked when it wasn't in the top patterns of 2006!
Frogstitcher said... (3/21/07 1:41 PM) Reply
Very cute and hip. Your necklace is a perfect enhancement.
fern said... (3/21/07 1:23 PM) Reply
Looks great, Nicegirl! I really like the fabric. Now I can see that some of these large-scale patterns might work for me, in a top like this.

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)