Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2605 (Girls swimsuits)

Reviewed by:purpleseamstress

About purpleseamstressstar
TX
Member since: 6/9/05
Posted on:3/18/07 6:11 PM
Last Updated:3/18/07 6:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Lauri Jean said... (4/12/07 11:23 AM) Reply
oHHH....wish I had read your review before making my daughter's suit. I ran into the same exact sizing problem. Thanks for the good review.
sewmom3 said... (3/19/07 7:03 AM) Reply
Something I recently found out - I'm so used to cutting on the grain that I did the same with something I made with swimsuit nylon/lycra. I later found out the these fabrics are made with the greater stretch going with the grain and should be cut accordingly.
Heatherrique said... (3/18/07 11:32 PM) Reply
Nice swim/dance wear! Thanks for the heads up on the sizing! I might try this pattern sometime soon!
CaraSkates said... (3/18/07 6:51 PM) Reply
I've always found Kwik Sew's girls activewear patterns to run at least one size small. Example - when my tiny little sister wore 7 & 8 slim RTW I made KS size 10 leotard/swimsuits. I'm intending on buying this pattern (in the bigger sizes) to make her swim suits this summer and I will be making probably a 10 with 12 length. She is now 11 and still fits into a Limited Too size 7 bathing suit. I hope that helps!
CarolynGM said... (3/18/07 6:41 PM) Reply
Adorable swimsuits. Maybe you just need to lengthen the pieces if the circumference is ok?
RuthieSews said... (3/18/07 6:18 PM) Reply
Purpleseamstress, I think from the phots that your daughter may be long waisted, particularly at the front which is why the fit is not what you expect, as the briefs come lower on her than the drawing too in addition to the takini top not coming down as far as the drawing.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns