Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2007-106 (Sleeveless Dress)

Reviewed by:Tany

About Tanystarstarstar
PORTUGAL
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:3/28/07 6:55 PM
Last Updated:3/28/07 7:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
SewTwin said... (4/4/07 2:37 AM) Reply
What a dress! Looks like just came off the runway! I myself, appreciate the dress, your review, and the blog. I take help anyway, I can get it..
blue mooney said... (3/31/07 9:05 AM) Reply
This looks great on you, and I really enjoyed seeing how beautifully you finished the insides.
Maychi said... (3/30/07 10:16 AM) Reply
Fabulous!
ConnieBJ said... (3/29/07 7:03 PM) Reply
there is some stunning detail work in this dress! wonderfull
madhatter said... (3/29/07 12:16 PM) Reply
woo-hoo! beautiful dress, perfecly fitting and with gorgeous details - love it!
jdrose said... (3/29/07 11:09 AM) Reply
what a beautiful dress.!!! Great job!!!
pungsnotded said... (3/29/07 11:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! This dress will be in style for ever!
Marji said... (3/29/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Tany, the results are fantastic. I need to respectfully disagree with Liz, the documentation on your blog of putting this dress together is so thorough that it would be impractical and impossible to put it all into the scope of a review here. Thank-you for all the time you put into documenting the process making this.
cmarie12 said... (3/29/07 9:56 AM) Reply
Tany ~ I have been following along with your construction on your blog. It is a beautiful and well made dress!
cindy-lou said... (3/29/07 9:33 AM) Reply
Tany, the inside work on your dress is just gorgeous! I bet it makes you feel just as beautiful inside and out. Great work!
Sewliz said... (3/29/07 9:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. It would be nice to have a full review here rather than a synopsis with a link to another site.
Zaneta said... (3/29/07 9:13 AM) Reply
Tany...I love your detail!! I can't wait for my jan edition
carolynw said... (3/29/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Very stylish - great job
Nancy K said... (3/29/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Looks fab on you!
SarahWeb said... (3/29/07 8:42 AM) Reply
This is a very elegant dress!
yorkshire lass said... (3/29/07 7:31 AM) Reply
Wow. Yours is sooo much better than the one in the magazine. Thank you for a very helpful review.
trinicity said... (3/29/07 5:31 AM) Reply
you make pinstripes look HOT, I am loving this dress
Tany said... (3/29/07 4:06 AM) Reply
fuzzygalore: The fabric I used is really thin, it wrinkles a lot and I thought that underlining the dress to provide more body to it would be a good idea. I could have used traditional methods to underline the dress but this very thin knit fusible interfacing produced the effect that I had in mind. With another fabric or with another pattern (more fluid dress) this procedure wouldn't be necessary. Thank you all for your kind words!
fuzzygalore said... (3/29/07 3:37 AM) Reply
Very nice looking dress, the muslin was totally worth it in terms of fit. But I really don't understand the value of interfacing either an entire dress, or a poly blend??
Stacy Sews said... (3/28/07 10:40 PM) Reply
Another fantastic creation that you've made! Beautiful work - I loved seeing you put this one together.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (3/28/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Very stylish dress
judy_m said... (3/28/07 9:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress.
Heatherrique said... (3/28/07 8:59 PM) Reply
What a showstopper! Well made and you look sizzling hot in it! You convinced me to get this pattern!
Dmd4106 said... (3/28/07 8:57 PM) Reply
fab dress. gorgeous shoes. u did a excellent job on yr review.
Karen8320 said... (3/28/07 8:40 PM) Reply
Tany, what a lovely dress! This is so stylish and, wow, those shoes look fantastic and such a perfect match for this garment! I couldn't agree more about the value of sewing up a muslin before commencing. I love your advice about being meticulous with the hidden details because that's what really makes special clothes really special.
hongkongshopper said... (3/28/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful Tany. I bet it looks great with the Orwell coat.
2BSewing said... (3/28/07 8:19 PM) Reply
I agree with you...your dress is very elegant. Love the fabric you chose. Great fit.
Linda G said... (3/28/07 7:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful...I have looked at that dress pattern several times...you have inspired me to get it done!!
Gold said... (3/28/07 7:35 PM) Reply
Very very elegant. You did a great job.
MissCelie said... (3/28/07 7:29 PM) Reply
I've been watching you put this together on your blog! What a fabulous dress. I've got the muslin for this one cut out. You did a tremendous job!
breathless said... (3/28/07 7:05 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress!! I love the style! I love your shoes too!

HotPatterns 1173