Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2816 (Unisex Vests)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:1/12/03 5:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Outerwear
Deepika said... (1/13/03 9:41 PM) Reply
Mary, actually as a matter of fact I am interested in trying that. Seems simpler also. Where do you get that?
Mbarkle said... (1/13/03 6:40 PM) Reply
Deepika, Next time give satin foldover elastic a try instead of binding. (Not that yours doesn't look great.) You just fold it and zigzag it on. One step -- so much faster. You can see it on the polarfleece toddler's vest I made from KS 2911 (review posted). I really like it.
Marita Kinnula said... (1/13/03 4:54 PM) Reply
Deepika, you did a great job with the zipper and the binding looks very good too, if you keep improving in this speed, you'll outmaster all the rest of us any day now!!
Holly said... (1/13/03 2:27 PM) Reply
Very well done, Deepika. Looks like good projects for next Christmas. ;-). Thanks for all the useful tips. You are such an inspiration.!
NancyDaQ said... (1/13/03 4:08 AM) Reply
Wow! Very nicely done.
Deepika said... (1/13/03 0:06 AM) Reply
wow! you all are so kind. Actually believe it or not before this vest, I was not so sure about my binding skills. I had only done it once before last year, but by the time I was done with it, I was having so much fun with it! Great pattern to practice this technique.
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/12/03 11:40 PM) Reply
Even better than RTW! :)
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/12/03 11:37 PM) Reply
Wow, Deepika, this vest looks like RTW! You did a great job with the lycra binding, thanks for the tips.
kerina said... (1/12/03 7:58 PM) Reply
That vest is truely awesome. I don't feel like I'm up to the challenge of a zipper yet but I'm going to mark that pattern for a present for my husband sometime soon when I get more gutsy. It's a really beautiful job Deepika!
Diane E said... (1/12/03 6:44 PM) Reply
Phew! I pressed the right button this time!
Deepika said... (1/12/03 5:33 PM) Reply
Thanks guys. I can't wait to give this to BIL! He's already seen the pic and he can't wait. Diane I removed that rating like you asked me to...
Diane E said... (1/12/03 5:33 PM) Reply
Thanks again, Deepika ;)
Diane E said... (1/12/03 5:16 PM) Reply
Deepika, this is a wonderful vest, and a very very helpful review! My husband lives in zip-front polarfleece vests, and I can't wait to try this pattern and get some really nice MM fleece to try it with.
Star said... (1/12/03 5:16 PM) Reply
Deepika, I love the look of that binding. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks!
Gigi Louis said... (1/12/03 5:15 PM) Reply
The vest came out great! I know your BIL will be thrilled!

Favorite Things A Wallet Purse Pattern