Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3827 (One or two-piece dress)

Reviewed by:mlt

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
squinchy said... (7/18/09 12:58 PM) Reply
It looks great! Thanks for the review
quiltsammon said... (5/10/07 1:19 AM) Reply
Ohhh, so pretty!!
Annette1 said... (4/13/07 2:22 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review! I have this pattern and haven't made it yet. All of your suggestions will be very helpful when the time comes. Yours turned out great!
SewTwin said... (4/10/07 2:21 AM) Reply
The print is great on you, and I find prints hide my (ahem) sewing errors. Speaking from the short person-5.1"; I might suggest dark sandals as the dark boots cut you shorter.This does look like a very light, sitting by the water reading a book type of dress. At least you persevered, and got something useful made, which is more than I can say, lately....
Sherril Miller said... (4/9/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Great job with those alterations. Dresses look good on you. You are so lucky. I would love to live in dresses inthe summer.
Marie_P. said... (4/9/07 6:41 PM) Reply
You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress.
ryan's mom said... (4/9/07 3:44 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Love the style and print!!
OP Gal said... (4/9/07 1:29 PM) Reply
You look lovely in your dress. Don't you just love that vintage sewing site for great tips? I'm glad you were able to solve your "pointy dart" problem. I'll keep your solution in mind.
greenmommie said... (4/9/07 12:46 PM) Reply
Love your dress! I've never given this pattern a second look but it's going on my wish list now.
slanden99 said... (4/9/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. I love the design lines on this dress--wish it came in smaller sizes too
Jane S said... (4/9/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I didn't see this discussion on the boards but I'm a huge fan of these Smplicity patterns...although I do have to make shoulder, back and hip alterations. I'm thinking of making this as a top and your idea of changing that bodice dart to several smaller darts will be one I'm sure to use.
Quesie said... (4/9/07 2:44 AM) Reply
you look soooooo cute. i was nonplussed by the pattern illustration, but now that I've seen you, I want it!
lmg said... (4/8/07 10:58 PM) Reply
I like this print on you as well. Nice dress. I second the BBW jacket. It's an easy sew and looks great.
kismet007 said... (4/8/07 7:09 PM) Reply
That's very flattering on you. What a great print. I like the idea of a jacket with it. How about the short version of the Built by Wendy jacket (Simplicity 4019)? The bias bell sleeves would not crush the flutter sleeves of your dress.

by: Jstarr4250