Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2962 (Misses Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:Lauri Jean

About Lauri Jeanstar
SD USA
Member since: 1/11/06
Posted on:4/9/07 3:41 PM
Last Updated:4/9/07 3:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
sewingfordolls said... (11/20/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Wow you did a fabulous job...both suits look great...you get an A+
LauraAnn12 said... (6/30/07 10:12 PM) Reply
If that isn't the cutest fabric and the best looking fit, I don't know what is! I'm impressed! Thanks for the review!
Cristina_TC said... (5/31/07 3:28 AM) Reply
Great Jobs!!!
cindy-lou said... (4/22/07 8:45 PM) Reply
Wowsie Wow Wow! Awesome job. That does it. I'm so done with RTW suits. You DO look like da bomb-- way to go!
AnneM said... (4/20/07 9:12 PM) Reply
Congratulations. Very professional looking suit. I should probably consider this, but I'm still in the 'afraid' camp. (I do need a new swimming suit, though.) (Your DD is adorable.)
Annette1 said... (4/13/07 2:03 AM) Reply
You acheived a great fit, and I so agree with your comment about $70 (and up) swimsuits. Just think, you can make seven of these for that price. :o)
Shirleyjoy said... (4/12/07 8:31 PM) Reply
Great job! Love the fabric.
sewistObsessed said... (4/12/07 12:10 PM) Reply
Wow, maybe you should start a swimsuit boutique. That really looks great and you did a great job working with the busy pattern in the fabric!
Puddin Pop said... (4/11/07 5:22 PM) Reply
Wow, that suit fits great and it is a very flattering color on you. Mini Me looks adorable, also.
SewTwin said... (4/11/07 0:45 AM) Reply
Double Ditto on the FAB Swimsuit! After I hem 4 pairs of RTW jeans, I am doing this next! You have inspired me to GIT it Done!That's why I need to, since "My" bod added more without my approval, and it won't go Away?? PS..nanraj are using a Walking Foot, and putting a hand at front and back stretch the fabric as you go seems to feed stretchy fabrics better. Also, I am going to try experiment with starch on my swimsuit fabric.You can also ask on the boards, and get PR'ers help!! Practice, it can't hurt.
Terri Smith said... (4/10/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Wow, your suit looks great on you. Congratulations on sewing your first swim suit.
nanraj said... (4/10/07 5:22 PM) Reply
Great work on the swimsuit. I loved it. Like some others have said, it looks RTW and really well done. I have a question. I tried making a skating costume for my 5 year old daughter with KS pattern. When I tried finishing the outer edges with elastic, I found that the stitches bunched up in one area more than once without the needle moving forward like it should. Any idea what I could be doing wrong ? Thanks !!
Lauri Jean said... (4/10/07 10:37 AM) Reply
Zaneta, I used swimsuit elastic which seems readily available at fabric stores. You cut the elastic the required size; sew the ends together; then apply exactly as described in the directions. I used a 4.5 width and length zig zag to apply and then a 2.4 length and width to finish. Try a practice piece and see how easy it is.
Jane S said... (4/10/07 8:18 AM) Reply
Wow, you did a wonderful job on this swimsuit, very RTW.
ryan's mom said... (4/10/07 7:06 AM) Reply
Great swimsuits! One of these days I'm going to make myself one. I shake my head every time I look for one, because I usually don't like the colors.
Marji said... (4/10/07 4:24 AM) Reply
Very professional results! Looks fabulous
Sew4Fun said... (4/10/07 2:57 AM) Reply
Fabulous swimsuit! Yes once you have made a KS swimsuit there is no going back to RTW. :)
Zaneta said... (4/10/07 1:12 AM) Reply
You have done a wondeful job!! Can I please ask you went about the elastic attachment around the leg...what type of elastic did you use?
brrmm said... (4/10/07 0:52 AM) Reply
I make ALL my own swimwear and my 2 DDs as well. Yours look fabulous - enjoy making more and more. You'll find lots of lycra sellers on ebay too.
daff said... (4/9/07 9:52 PM) Reply
Your swimsuit is so pretty and really flatters you. I love your daughter's pink sparkly version as well--adorable!
Lauri Jean said... (4/9/07 9:08 PM) Reply
I must say that you all are just so kind. You've made my day!! HUGS!
Karen8320 said... (4/9/07 8:45 PM) Reply
Lauri Jean, this is just gorgeous and you look absolutely fantastic!!! If this was selling in the stores, I'm sure it would be flying off the racks. Some great advice here in your review. Thanks and well done!
Linda G said... (4/9/07 6:50 PM) Reply
Wow, it looks like you paid $70.00 for it like the cost at the store.
sewbehind said... (4/9/07 6:49 PM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks great on you. Terrific job.
Erica B. said... (4/9/07 6:48 PM) Reply
Gorgeous swin suit and the fit is superb! Just add water! ;-)
MareeAlison said... (4/9/07 6:45 PM) Reply
I felt the same way when I first sewed a swimsuit. It was so easy, I couldn't understand why I hadn't done it before. And my unpicker worked overtime too. The suit is fantastic. Welcome to the swimsuit club.
jnamcd said... (4/9/07 6:11 PM) Reply
Love the fabric! The suit looks awesome on you! Great job!
Nancywin said... (4/9/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Super, super, super! Your suit is fantastic.
carolynw said... (4/9/07 5:51 PM) Reply
Well this is just too beautiful for words! If I had a body like you (used to but it went off somewhere) I would certainly start making swimsuits for myself - you look just wonderful in yours!
lmg said... (4/9/07 5:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous suit! Very RTW. Wished I looked as good in a bathing suit.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (4/9/07 5:05 PM) Reply
Wow!! If I looked as great in a bathing suit as you, I wouldn't be "allergic" to them!! Wonderful fabric & sewing!
newlywedws said... (4/9/07 4:38 PM) Reply
Wow...you did an excellent job on the swimsuit- you can't tell it was sewn at home...it looks RTW! Oh and kudos to you for the modeling job...I would have been frightened!
Elona said... (4/9/07 4:20 PM) Reply
Great looking suit! This pattern seems to be a real winner.
frame said... (4/9/07 4:19 PM) Reply
Great job. It looks terrific.
Stephanie C. said... (4/9/07 4:18 PM) Reply
That looks great and I love your fabric!
Soliel said... (4/9/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Awesome! I am so excited to make my first swim suit. It looks great on you!!! I just wish there were more higher cut suits on the market.
Cheryl Reeves said... (4/9/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Very, very cute and you do look like da bomb in this swimsuit!
Lady_Mame said... (4/9/07 4:01 PM) Reply
Looks FAB! The tan, the pearls, the suit! Now I want to do a swimsuit :)

All About Linings
All About Linings

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300

by: susandf

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern