Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 60432-1007 (Tank Top)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:4/16/07 5:55 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

AnneM said... (4/25/07 6:21 PM) Reply
Draping - cool! Congrats. Without the sweater it's a bit too "street" for my taste, but the sweater adds a lot. (How'd you get tights that match your sweater?)
nicegirl said... (4/19/07 9:07 AM) Reply
kv-The dress form should be great for you B cup DD. The waist gets small enough and the ribcage almost small enough for me. The torso length works well for me too. I tried padding her out but since I don't have anybody to measure me I can't get the super accurate measurements needed to get it right.
kv said... (4/18/07 7:44 PM) Reply
Oh, btw, check out Kathryn's (fzxdoc) tutorial on customizing dress forms--it's right here on PR--she says you can add booty with quilt batting. I bet you could take a saw to that form--it's only paper mache and then put on your own bra over what's left.
kv said... (4/18/07 7:39 PM) Reply
hi, I was about to get that same dress form to pad out for my petite DD, who is a "B" cup. She isn't really a Junior, but a bona fide petite--I am wondering if that form will work....any advice??
LorelleD said... (4/17/07 3:05 AM) Reply
Very creative. thanks for the review.
popoagiesmiles said... (4/17/07 1:34 AM) Reply
Nicegirl, I'd go for a fitting from made from scratch just for you instead of using one that has boobs that you need to reduce. Why not get an old floor lamp to use as a base and make a duct tape dummy? You do so much sewing, it would be more worth it for you than for someone who only occasionally sews.
frame said... (4/17/07 0:42 AM) Reply
Great review as always. Cute top.
Karen6790 said... (4/16/07 9:51 PM) Reply
Cute top and nice commonsense explanation of draping. I've been meaning to try it, but your knit top makes so much sense on Violet that I'm going to have to experiment now. Thanks!
didda said... (4/16/07 9:45 PM) Reply
cute top! i think i might have a go at that myself. of course, i would have to make mine longer, i am not a spring chicken anymore. but i would like to have something similar to go out dancing. i stopped a girl at the club saturday night so i could sketch the top she was wearing. LOL gonna make me one of those too.

HotPatterns 1173

by: SemJo

by: kjcaron

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern