Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2442 (Jeans skirt)

Reviewed by:CarolynGM

About CarolynGMstarstarstarstar
AR USA
Member since: 3/9/03
Posted on:4/19/07 2:43 PM
Last Updated:4/19/07 2:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Lisa Laree said... (11/11/07 7:49 AM) Reply
What a great, classic-looking skirt! Now I'm wishing I'd purchased this one back in the day... ;)
bugsnchita said... (10/20/07 8:48 PM) Reply
This is fabulous. Both look great on you. I really like the contrasting topstitching. I have a vintage 70's Butterick 4-panel skirt that I will do in dress weight denim someday. It will replace my jeans. Since I turned 50 my hips grew exponentially and I can't really wear jeans anymore. Thanks for sharing this review.
AnneM said... (4/29/07 2:05 PM) Reply
Great skirt, nice details. And the pattern is back in style after only 25 years.
Marji said... (4/21/07 1:07 PM) Reply
C., I just picked up this pattern on ebay, Thank you so much for the review!
Annette1 said... (4/21/07 0:59 AM) Reply
Great job, as usual. I always enjoy your reviews and all your pictures.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/20/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks fantastic!! I always loved this style of skirt. You did a marvelous job on it.
Marji said... (4/20/07 1:41 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! I just love the pockets with stays like that. Alas, this is not one that is in my stash ;(
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (4/20/07 1:17 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks great. Job well done.
Hilary said... (4/20/07 9:08 AM) Reply
WOW! What a fantastic job on your skirt-it looks so professional, and its such a classic style. Thanks for reviewing this!
carolynw said... (4/20/07 8:41 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt Irinia and such perfect topstitching. I too remember the heydays of Vogue as you do - we learnt so much back then and all on our own!!
PegL said... (4/20/07 8:28 AM) Reply
What a great skirt! I have this pattern but wouldn't have considered ever using it without your good review!
Jane S said... (4/20/07 8:08 AM) Reply
OOOh, thanks so much for reviewing this pattern. I love jeans skirts and how great to have a stay already in the pattern. Your skirt looks fantastic.
JDpenelope said... (4/20/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Your sewing is simply impeccable. This is a beautiful skirt and a very interesting review.
OP Gal said... (4/20/07 7:35 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt. It fits beautifully, which is what it's all about, right? Your review was so thorough and detailed that you make it very, very helpful. Thanks.
LorelleD said... (4/20/07 6:51 AM) Reply
Love the skirt. You did an awesome job. I have just gone through my pattern stash and now I dont think I'll throw out any.
Karine said... (4/20/07 6:45 AM) Reply
Very professional work on your skirt - it looks great on you. Thanks for the details and construction photos in your review!
F and L said... (4/20/07 5:19 AM) Reply
That is simply beautiful. The fit on you is wonderful (though from the pic, I think anything would look wonderful on you)>
drsue said... (4/19/07 9:20 PM) Reply
This pattern is a classic! Never get rid of it. You did a great job.
Englebert said... (4/19/07 8:35 PM) Reply
Love your skirt!
Vonnevo said... (4/19/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt Irina.
Seamingly Simple said... (4/19/07 5:31 PM) Reply
This is a fabulous-looking jeans skirt. Do you remember the 1980s CK ad with Brooke Shields? Be prepared to answer if anyone asks you if anything comes between you and your Calvins!
slanden99 said... (4/19/07 4:19 PM) Reply
The skirt looks great on you. Love the idea of a front stay--wish more patterns did that.
Beve said... (4/19/07 4:03 PM) Reply
What beautiful workmanship! Nice skirt, too...
marjenann said... (4/19/07 3:39 PM) Reply
Really great looking skirt! I agree that Vogue patterns from the past were incredibly well written and illustrated!! Your CK pattern is a treasure!
JenSews2 said... (4/19/07 2:46 PM) Reply
Love the skirt and details! Excellent job!

Suitability 4188