Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4118 (dress and handbag)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:4/24/07 11:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Other Projects by Nancywin using this Pattern

Aunt Gail said... (9/30/08 4:52 PM) Reply
What a helpful pattern review...even though I'm reading it a year and a half after you put it up. Your pix stream that goes along with this review is soo helpful. I've made my muslin and had a few adjustments to make on the dress. I especially like your pin fitting pix of the lining. It will help me! nice job. Very helpful
AnneM said... (5/4/07 6:20 PM) Reply
I hadn't even realized there was a purse pattern included in this. Nice bag, good info - and I really should get this pattern.
Enid E said... (4/25/07 8:29 PM) Reply
Nancy, Love the purse...I would have to add more than an inch to the length to hold everything in my purse!!...also like the dowels for the handles.
crystalwoods said... (4/25/07 1:49 PM) Reply
Nice looking purse and it goes well with the dress you are wearing. I really like the zipper pocket and the contrast lining you used!
OP Gal said... (4/25/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Very informative review. Thanks for all the tips. Very cute purse. Sorry to read you're home sick, but the ban on cleaning surely must make your confinement a little easier to endure. :-)
Nancywin said... (4/25/07 9:25 AM) Reply
The only reason I have so much time right now is that I am home on disability. I can't drive or lift anything, so that rules out running errands and much cleaning. I'm home all day - so I sew! Only 2 more weeks and I have to go back to work.
SeamRipper said... (4/25/07 8:13 AM) Reply
That is a great purse! Thanks for the great review.
MissCelie said... (4/25/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Ok. Seriously. When do you have the time to make all of these adorable things? Love the bag!
Understanding Interfacings