Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6569 (Misses Skirts and Knit Top)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:4/26/07 11:12 PM
Last Updated:8/22/07 3:26 PM

Other Projects by Nancywin using this Pattern

Terri Smith said... (8/23/07 7:37 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and love it as well. It is very flattering on you.
CarolynGM said... (8/22/07 5:37 PM) Reply
Looks like a wonderful basic pattern with a little extra pizazz.
Nancywin said... (8/22/07 4:18 PM) Reply
How funny - I didn't add those tips to my review - but they are good ones I will have to try!
poplin said... (8/22/07 4:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for the Marcy Tilton tips! I saw her at her 3/2007 SewExpo seminar on $200 knit top. And I got to see her one-of-a-kind tops: they were inspiring.
Nancywin said... (7/30/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Yes, that cat is so hilarious. As soon as I move toward the sewing (AKA dining room) table, his is there. I always tell my kids that "Tobey wants to sew"
Annette1 said... (7/29/07 11:55 PM) Reply
What a cute top. I think NICE black tops and wihte tops are valuable basics, and this is definitely just that. Good idea, too, on going out farther on the side seams, as opposed to doing a full bust adjustment. Next time I make something with a knit, I may try that idea myself. Great job on your SWAP. I'm having so much fun seeing what everybody's created.
AnneM said... (5/5/07 9:20 AM) Reply
Great fit, nice outfit, and there's your sewing buddy sneakinginto the picture again. congrats on all the new patterns you have tried.
Nancywin said... (4/28/07 1:19 AM) Reply
This fabric was a steal at Fabricmart for less than $4 a yard!
EveS said... (4/27/07 11:44 PM) Reply
I need more summer tops like this! It's lovely and looks bra friendly, too. Gotta get this pattern and REALLY gotta have this fabric too!! Thanks for the review!
Soliel said... (4/27/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Nice top Nancy win!
Puddin Pop said... (4/27/07 12:02 PM) Reply
Cute top. I love paisley's and the big one is in just the right place. So cute on you.
Elemenopeo said... (4/27/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Really pretty with the fabric. Great review.
Levone said... (4/27/07 9:26 AM) Reply
Pretty top.
Karine said... (4/27/07 9:11 AM) Reply
Very cute top. You are amazing - a finished garment every day!
cindy-lou said... (4/27/07 8:14 AM) Reply
Nancy-- beautiful, beautiful. You can pay Chico's 50 bucks for it or you can make your own in an hour. I know which one I choose!
carolynw said... (4/27/07 8:00 AM) Reply
Hey Nancy - not only ar eyou sewing lovely stuff most of which I have the patterns for but now have to tell you I bought this identical material - both in turquoise and the tan - nice stuff. Your top looks lovely!
Danvillegirl said... (4/27/07 6:52 AM) Reply
Nancy, love your fabric. I am making a similar top from KS. I may stitch down the neckline first as you wrote here. Not the way they direct in the KS pattern but using twill tape is same concept for KS also. Lovely top, fits well!

Burda 9547