Pattern Reviews> Other> Sewing Talk (Model A)

Reviewed by:madhatter

About madhatterstar
Member since: 3/27/06
Posted on:5/7/07 6:30 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

madhatter said... (5/8/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Linda, yesasia is a good source, but if you have a kinokuya bookstore somewhere around, this would be my first choice.
choochie said... (5/8/07 8:14 AM) Reply
I am about to buy the book at YesAsia. Thanks! I would love to read some reviews of the books! I saw that you have some that I don't have (like the architect's handy "all-black" book, for instance). I do have the simple chic book, although I am too scared and lazy to try one of the patterns out :( LOL
Jane S said... (5/8/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress design, simple and elegant, great fabrc and pattern combination.
Danvillegirl said... (5/8/07 5:29 AM) Reply
That is a cute dress and I like it paired with jeans. Can you share your source for purchasing this Sew Talk?
madhatter said... (5/8/07 5:22 AM) Reply
Thanks, ladies - so many compliments for such a simple dress! ^.^ FYI: The linen is from the closure-sale at my local fabric shop. It was down from 22 euros/m to 5 euros/m, so I was really happy to get the bolt end. The isbn of the book is 4579110528. It should be available via any japanese bookstore. If you're interested, I could post reviews of my japanese books.
Tany said... (5/8/07 3:21 AM) Reply
Awesome dress! I love the keyhole opening, thank you for sharing that detail! You look GREAT!
Heatherrique said... (5/7/07 10:47 PM) Reply
Very hip dress in a cute color!
choochie said... (5/7/07 7:49 PM) Reply
That dress is *awesome!* Where did you find your linen, and do you by chance have the ISBN number of the book? I love the Japanese pattern books.
marjenann said... (5/7/07 6:20 PM) Reply
What a chic looking dress!! I love it both ways, as a dress, and over jeans!! Very versatile!!
Soliel said... (5/7/07 9:53 AM) Reply
So much to comment on here...the fabric you chose makes this simple dress more interesting than the pattern pic. It's a great color for your wild hair! Love the color pic of you on the black and white...and yes, I have the same addiction you do! Patterns and fabric! Nice to know it's a worldly phenomenum.
moss said... (5/7/07 9:18 AM) Reply
That is REALLY GORGEOUS! I love your linen. That looks so cool and comfortable.