Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:krinn

Posted on:5/15/07 8:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
SewTwin said... (6/11/07 1:52 AM) Reply
Coool Top! My ds also had the same problem. I suggested spray starch the hem fabric that stabilizes the fabric making the fabric not stretch, and easier for the needle to not slip. Try it on a sample, of course.
SewLil said... (6/7/07 12:01 PM) Reply
I love t shirts! Every style, every sleeve length, every type collar. I recently discovered STRETCH STITCH on my machine. Mind you I've had the thing for 8 yearsLOL! Anyway, this is great when working with knits that require a little stretch. Set your width to 0 and turn the lenght to the SS on your machine. Viola! A hem that 'gives'.
AnneM said... (5/25/07 6:30 AM) Reply
Cute, I like it. I have to get around to using my version of this pattern.
ConnieBJ said... (5/16/07 11:54 AM) Reply
I just made this one last night in an hour. I agree it is a great too.
ryan's mom said... (5/16/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Nice top! This is one of my fave patterns. For the hem, I use Design Plus Fusible Stay Tape (bias for the necklines, straight for the hems). I use it on the front and back but leave about two inches free at the side seams for a little stretch in the hem. It helps prevent the waves, then I just do a narrow zigzag topstitch or use my stretch twin needle.
KiwiWendy said... (5/16/07 5:41 AM) Reply
cute top .. I've got the pattern in my stash just for this view
Dmd4106 said... (5/16/07 4:56 AM) Reply
very cute!
JenSews2 said... (5/15/07 4:29 PM) Reply
Great top! Try wash a way wonder tape for the hem or tear away stabilizer with either the small zig zag or double needle. It will help prevent the stretch out while sewing.
krinn said... (5/15/07 4:13 PM) Reply
thanks, everyone, for your suggestions on the hemming! I will have to try them next time!
washer_woman said... (5/15/07 4:07 PM) Reply
Very cute!!
MissCelie said... (5/15/07 3:43 PM) Reply
Cute tee. I'm starting to feel like the only one who hasn't made it.
CarolynGM said... (5/15/07 2:39 PM) Reply
Very nice. I made this last week and I'm wearing mine right now! I agree that it has a much nicer shape than one would guess from the pattern envelope.
Rhoda K said... (5/15/07 1:44 PM) Reply
Very nice top and I like the sleeve style. Thanks for your review.
carolhope said... (5/15/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Cute top. Love the sleeve length and higher neckline. For the hem, I have tried using a double needle and my walking foot, and I'm still not happy with them, so I hand hem. Looks neat and really takes little time.
Erica B. said... (5/15/07 11:47 AM) Reply
Very cute... I love the color. You can use a twin stretch needle to do the hem.
bunz said... (5/15/07 11:36 AM) Reply
What a cute top! I agree w the double needle & you even might try a walking foot.
slanden99 said... (5/15/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Nice tee! You did a great job on it. For hemming knits, sometimes I use a regular zigzag and sometimes I get out my twin needle. I usually leave the hem edge raw since it won't fray.
craftyshark said... (5/15/07 9:03 AM) Reply
Cute top! It looks very nice on you. As for sewing hems on jersey, I've had a little better results with hems and seams if I very gently stretch the fabric while I'm sewing so that both layers feed through at the same rate.

by: cleverkitt...