Pattern Reviews> Other> 5265 (Lekala 5265 Long 1 Pleat Skirt)

Reviewed by:LauraAnn12

About LauraAnn12
Member since: 6/14/06
Posted on:5/20/07 3:18 PM

strongnow said... (2/21/10 1:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for all of this great information. I am not sure I yet have the sewing expertise to do the dress I have picked out.
Creative Light said... (5/30/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Thanks LauraAnn12! I just printed out a Lekala dress and was looking for some helpful information. Your review was great! Very detailed....just what I needed.
Stephanie C. said... (7/20/07 4:31 PM) Reply
I just discovered these patterns and came here to see who had tried them. Your review was very helpful, esp. WRT the instructions. Thanks so much.
AnneM said... (6/1/07 9:47 PM) Reply
Cute skirt and style; I like the details. 46 pages; yikes. Excellent information; thank you for writing out your experience with this. I've been very curious about this line, but I'm never willing to print out the pattern. :o They do have some fun styles, though.
tweedcurtain said... (5/21/07 0:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for giving us insight into the experience! I love the line in the instructions that says "Topstitch flaps preciously..." and I guess they mean carefully. Hope you sew a few more of these - you've earned the right!
LauraAnn12 said... (5/20/07 7:53 PM) Reply
(accidental duplicate)...
LauraAnn12 said... (5/20/07 7:50 PM) Reply
answer to "off-topic" question: :) the pre-colombian psychoacoustical instruments we make are replicas of artifacts from the pre-colombian era, which are basically sets (4, 8 or 12) of double-chambered clay whistles. They are tuned so that when they are played together in a group they produce psychoacoustical effects which induce a deep meditative/altered/expanded state of consciousness. That's in a nutshell, of course...one really has to experience them to know what I am talking about! (Or you could just google "Peruvian Whistling Vessels") It makes for an exciting living, though... :)
Luckylibbet said... (5/20/07 5:32 PM) Reply
Wow, what an adventure - thanks for sharing your experience. I've been too much of a wimp to give them a try, so now there's no excuses, right?
ladykicks said... (5/20/07 5:05 PM) Reply
That's a really cute pattern. This is off topic, but....what are pre-colombian psychoacoustical instruments ?

by: Pinkytoo