Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5393 (Misses' Shorts and Pants)

Reviewed by:krinn

About krinnstar
NJ USA
Member since: 7/9/06
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:5/26/07 4:02 PM
Last Updated:5/26/07 4:02 PM

missusprim said... (8/17/09 10:47 AM) Reply
Course, I'm a wee bit 'heftier' than you but I've been looking high and low for a pattern like this. As of this date it's not available in the stores but I found one online so I'm going to get it. I have a few pair of cargo pants like these (RTW) and I just love them. I've read the reviews and I think I'll tackle them. You gave lots of useful hints on your experiences with this that I'm sure I'll find useful. Looking at the pic, I think I'll make the buttonholes for the drawstring at the waist closer together near the center. I also think I will sew down the pleats in the pockets so it lessens my ironing time as I don't need that extra room anyway that the pleat affords. Overall, I think you did a fabulous job. Glad you got through the fly part eventually. Hopefully, if I make these I will make them in a stretch twill or sateen solid or maybe a print if I'm feeling adventurous. Will see about a pic if the end result is good.!
hemphill3 said... (2/5/09 2:48 PM) Reply
I like the Sandra tip that you included. She makes it all look so easy!
Hilary said... (6/7/07 12:51 PM) Reply
Oh, I am so glad to find this review! I have this pattern and was planning on making them for an outing next weekend. Same view, too :o) Yours turned out REALLY cute, they look great on you! It doesn't look like they were made by a beginner at all-excellent work!
dreamdesigner said... (6/4/07 11:55 PM) Reply
WOW! Those are SEW cute!!!! on you! I'm thinking both my older dds would love them. Love also what you're doing with photshop for your SWAP -- you're a natural! Oh, and I think you need to adjust your sewing skills to intermediate.
Luckylibbet said... (5/27/07 4:57 PM) Reply
Very cute pants and a **fabulous** fit. Love 'em.
janem123 said... (5/27/07 10:30 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. Very stylish.
MissCelie said... (5/27/07 8:29 AM) Reply
So, you must know that the envelope picture leaves much to be desired. They should call you and ask to use yours instead because they are adorable!
ALY said... (5/27/07 8:17 AM) Reply
The pants look great. Very RTW. I like the fabrics and patterns you have in your swap. You will have a terrific wardrobe when you get done. The cats in the picture for "scale'' made me chuckle. My sewing buddy is a well fed longhair. She would not be a good measure of scale.
EveS said... (5/26/07 11:17 PM) Reply
Those are GREAT pants!!! VERY rtw!!! You've moved me one step closer to diving into the scary world o' pants!
Lori V said... (5/26/07 10:48 PM) Reply
cute pants, fun style. Great job on your SWAP progress.
Em's Summer said... (5/26/07 10:30 PM) Reply
I love the style of those pants! Great review!
Karla Kizer said... (5/26/07 7:33 PM) Reply
I think they look perfect. Congratulations!
CarolynGM said... (5/26/07 7:11 PM) Reply
Cute pants and they fit you so well!
Levone said... (5/26/07 5:38 PM) Reply
Cute pants, they look great on you. You're moving right along with your SWAP pieces.
bunz said... (5/26/07 5:14 PM) Reply
Really nice-looking! I agree w you abt the ties.
Elemenopeo said... (5/26/07 4:41 PM) Reply
Cute pants.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (5/26/07 4:36 PM) Reply
Great work, neat pants and incredible fit. Everything is easier the second time around...so go for another pair.

Kwik Sew 609