Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Lutterloh> 1992_64 (Lutterloh)

Reviewed by:Miss Fairchild

About Miss Fairchildstarstarstarstar

Posted on:5/27/07 4:42 PM
Last Updated:3/13/12 8:19 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Mufffet said... (3/13/12 10:23 AM) Reply
This has turned into a real TNT, eh? :) Glad to see the pants again. I have made so many pants in the last several years that I am "all pantsed up!" I need to make a pair from this pattern though. I am going to hunt it up.
lcdrbetty said... (3/13/12 8:49 AM) Reply
Love your pants...corduroy is one of my favorite fabrics! Great fit!
FreyaStark said... (3/13/12 8:32 AM) Reply
You're obviously in pattern heaven! They are very nice pants.
Mufffet said... (2/6/11 10:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the update - nice pants. I love the look of that style on you.
JEF said... (2/6/11 10:00 AM) Reply
Great looking pants.
GlButterfly said... (2/6/11 2:51 AM) Reply
Very nice--and they look so comfortable.
msladyj said... (2/5/11 7:54 PM) Reply
I love your two new pants. The purple pair look so soft. Wonderful.
Miss Fairchild said... (1/28/11 9:15 PM) Reply
mhk3boys, oh, don't get me started on that one! I've been poring over the Surefit design leaflets, too. It was pretty helpful for me deciding how to make boot cut pants. Decisions, decisions...
Miss Fairchild said... (1/28/11 9:14 PM) Reply
Geesh! Silly me. I had to edit the last line of the review; I expected you to know what I was talking about. But if you were on the Lutterloh board, you would know, but not if you weren't. I have another 3 pair of these cut out and will update this review when I'm finished.
mhk3boys said... (1/27/11 10:58 AM) Reply
Wow! Your pants look great! I'm still loving my SureFit!
Christas said... (1/27/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Very nice review! Both pairs of pants look terrific!
poorpigling said... (11/3/10 8:30 PM) Reply
Really nice review.
Mufffet said... (7/3/08 10:42 PM) Reply
JUST now read this - great review. I am wondering how the CC compares to Burda's. The idea of Lutterloh entices me, but it is a chunk of change.
Miss Fairchild said... (6/19/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Roxxygirl, maybe we can set up a thread on the message boards?
meli88a said... (6/18/08 4:13 PM) Reply
this is very interesting. I have never heard of Lutterloh before, but their system of measurement is very similar to the "rules of proportion" I learned in my art school figure drawing classes years ago - neat to see that they made it work for pattern assembly!
Lorri said... (6/18/08 3:55 PM) Reply
Nice job. I have this system too, but haven't used it much. Thanks for the review, and I'm in on a group for this too.
Roxxygrl said... (4/25/08 7:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for another informative review. I have this system and as a not so experienced sewer find it all a little daunting. Your pants turned out great. I would love any further info or a 'space' of our own for users of this system.
MidniteOil said... (6/12/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Excellent review! I just purchased this system, and awaiting its arrival in the mail. I was not aware that the "assembling" instructions are not included. However, I feel the end result of having a perfect fit is worth the challenge. I am an intermediate sewist, but avoided fashion sewing for myself b/c I was discouraged when my projects did not fit correctly. This system offers the hope of a well-fitted garment with relative ease. Thanks for sharing your review.
Miss Fairchild said... (5/29/07 7:50 AM) Reply
If any of you Lutterloh users want to, maybe we can communicate with each other if we come up with questions. what do you think? Sort of create our own support group.
Danvillegirl said... (5/29/07 6:27 AM) Reply
I've read about this system in Stitches magazine. Your pants look good with each attempt.
Obrooks770 said... (5/28/07 10:56 AM) Reply

Obrooks770 said... (5/28/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Your pants look great! Thanks so much for your review it gives me hope. Your review is very inspiring for those of us who have had this system but afraid to use it. I've had it for about 5 or more years and just not confident about using it. I'll try it soon and submit a review. Thanks again!
PoppyB said... (5/28/07 6:01 AM) Reply
I recently hauled my own old Lutterloh System out and made a skirt for my daughter. Except for having to take in the high hip area, it really fit well. The pants you made look terrific! I'm inspired.
JeanetteE said... (5/27/07 10:37 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! I bought this system about 5 yrs ago. Have not sewn anything with it yet; I was too chicken. Just last week I was looking at it again. I think I'm ready to give it a go.
PKPudlin said... (5/27/07 10:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have been interested in this system for a while but have not had the guts to actually buy it and try it. I appreciate your honest and up front review. Your pants look great, BTW!

Understanding Knit Fabrics