JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4988 (Princess blouse w/peplum)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:6/1/07 8:13 AM

Cherylau said... (2/27/12 8:30 PM) Reply
I realise it's 6 years later but I really like your blouse. Recently acquired this pattern, now discontinued, thought it pretty so wanted to try it. Used a $2 poly fabric to trial it. It went together like a dream. Also left off the facings. Am so happy with the trial piece that I am going to wear it as PJs,
Ellee said... (8/27/08 8:58 PM) Reply
What a lovely blouse! I've just cut out this pattern on some lacy fabric, and I think I'll use your technique instead of facing. Thank you for the details in your review!
Maragold said... (6/7/07 3:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I liked this pattern before, now I know how nice this will work up. (Thanks for the belly-button tip as well)
Marji said... (6/3/07 9:08 PM) Reply
so glad you used that fabric before it assumed the status of "too good to use" might it be a Liberty of London cotton? V pretty blouse.
Danvillegirl said... (6/3/07 7:55 AM) Reply
This a great blouse. Excellent information provided.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/2/07 10:15 AM) Reply
That top is totally YOU ~ I love it! I love the fabric, what a special piece to recieve.
Annette1 said... (6/2/07 0:14 AM) Reply
PERFECT fabric for a CUTE, CUTE, CUTE top. :o) Great review, too!
Sherril Miller said... (6/1/07 6:40 PM) Reply
Wow! My gosh do you every sleep? Have you locked yourself into the sewing room for an indefinite period of time? I love what you're doing in there.
slanden99 said... (6/1/07 5:28 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse!
Vonnevo said... (6/1/07 4:30 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse and an ideal style for the vintage fabric :)
CarolynGM said... (6/1/07 2:22 PM) Reply
You are so lucky to have inherited this lovely cotton -- it was perfect for this charming top.
Erica B. said... (6/1/07 1:50 PM) Reply
That is so pretty and ladylike! I love it!
Hilary said... (6/1/07 1:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love the fabric, too-and I think it's great that you went right ahead and used it. I find if something sits in my stash for any length of time its destined to be forgotten (for at least 6 months :oP)
nicegirl said... (6/1/07 12:09 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Bernie--Sorry about that...let's call it "as youthful as the day it was manufactured." Busy Mom--I didn't even think about raising the neckline. Not being a busty girl, a blouse would have to be realllllllly low cut before it would show anything untoward on me. Someone busty-er might need to raise it up.
Annika said... (6/1/07 11:49 AM) Reply
Wonderful blouse!
Soliel said... (6/1/07 11:07 AM) Reply
Exciting!
Frogstitcher said... (6/1/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks so much nicer than those on the pattern cover. The fabric is so rich looking and I can understand why you like it so much. I'm surprised after reading your review to find out that you didn't raise the neckline. Your's looks a little higher than theirs which also makes it work-worthy. Thank you for a well written, informative review. This is a pattern that I'll be picking up.
dbsewer said... (6/1/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Very cute and it looks wonderful on you. So 1963 is vintage, eh? I feel really, really old. ;0
frame said... (6/1/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. Cute blouse. Great review.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/1/07 9:37 AM) Reply
What a cute top. Your reviews are always informative and I love the story about the fabric. Great job.
MissCelie said... (6/1/07 9:19 AM) Reply
This look oddly familar.... Very cute and thanks for all the details
nadinec said... (6/1/07 8:53 AM) Reply
Very cute top! (But then, you'd look good in ANYthing!!!). Loved your comment about spending "several days obsessively sorting" your 4(6) pounds of buttons! I've also been guilty (many times) of spending days obsessively sorting buttons and also beads - good excuse not to do other things like clean house, LOL! Thanks for the review.
yorkshire lass said... (6/1/07 8:47 AM) Reply
Oh what a darling blouse. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I am sure the fabric is really happy to be made up in that pattern, it really suits it.

Sewing Workshop Chicago Jacket