Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 104 (the perfect t shirt)

Reviewed by:KathySews

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Other Projects by KathySews using this Pattern

photophoto
ElizabethDee said... (8/19/07 3:44 PM) Reply
Wow -- you inspired me to get this pattern and try it, too. I'm returning to sewing after a long hiatus and am a little shy about knits, so thank you for your good example. Your shirt looks great on you, and I'm going to copy what you did with the smaller neck and shoulder, too. Thanks for your detailed review.
Annette1 said... (6/12/07 3:50 PM) Reply
Oh great, now I have to get another pattern! :o) It's just hard to beat a really nice t-shirt pattern, and you've got one here. Really nice job!
cateyesmd said... (6/9/07 6:54 PM) Reply
I enjoyed reading your review. I'm getting back into sewing and I'm in need of tops all the time so I'll have to give this a try. It's certainly a basic enough pattern to dress up or down depending on the fabric use.
martinanne said... (6/8/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Great job! I have this pattern and like it a lot. You might try going down a size just in the neck and shoulders. I found a better fit when I did that. My previous version looks like yours which is plenty fine and I do wear it. But I like the later version even better where the neck and shoulders fit closer.
KathySews said... (6/5/07 9:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
AnneM said... (6/5/07 5:11 PM) Reply
congrats on the top! Yes, you could bring up the sleeve cap a bit, although the way you have it is certainly a typical RTW style. You'll have to get some fun knit fabrics and make a few others.
Annika said... (6/5/07 2:21 PM) Reply
Cool! I am just starting on this pattern too!
Sherril Miller said... (6/5/07 3:25 AM) Reply
Kathy, you got the fit almost there. We are close to the same size. I sewed the smaller size and used the larger side seam lines. That way you get the depth but not the width so that the shoulders and neckline will fit better. Each time you sew with knits it gets easier.
pinemeadows said... (6/4/07 10:41 PM) Reply
I agree that this is a great pattern! Glad you got over your fear of sewing knits..they are quite forgiving. Try making your binding a little shorter and it will "snug up" the neckline nicely.
bunz said... (6/4/07 8:59 PM) Reply
Welcome! What a great pattern to start knits on :-)

by: feltont