Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8516 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:krinn

About krinnstar
NJ USA
Member since: 7/9/06
Posted on:6/10/07 2:57 PM

See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Tops
dreamdesigner said... (7/2/07 7:57 PM) Reply
Pretty! I used chiffon for dd's prom dress last spring, and someone had suggested using starch before cutting it out. Thank GOODNESS!!! Made a BIG difference!! You might want to keep it in mind if you ever attempt chiffon again.
AnneM said... (6/17/07 8:45 PM) Reply
Great version. (It makes me think of creamsicles, with the orange & white fabric. Very summery.) While I don't think I would try this particular pattern, I do like your idea on this type of top. (Burda instructions are often not the best.)
Annika said... (6/11/07 6:07 PM) Reply
You did a great job working with such difficult fabric. I love how drapey and soft it looks. I agree with leaving off the empire waistline gathering - it looks just right the way it is.
SillyValley said... (6/11/07 4:38 PM) Reply
I agree that the pattern instructions on this one were not very straightforward. It kind of turned me off to Burda but then I hear other people are big fans of Burda so I don't know. Thanks for the tip on working with such a lightweight woven - I wouldn't have thought to use a tiny zig zag!
crisford said... (6/11/07 1:56 PM) Reply
Quite lovely!!!
MelissaB in WA said... (6/11/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Very pretty top!
akazukinchan said... (6/11/07 6:30 AM) Reply
Your top does look great for the summer. I'm thinking about downloading this pattern. Thanks for the useful information.
cboots said... (6/10/07 9:02 PM) Reply
I like the results you achieved with this pattern; it isn't noticeable that you had trouble. It looks so comfy and summery.
Birgitte said... (6/10/07 8:00 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! I have this pattern, now I'm thinking I should use it... thanks for a great review!
Puddin Pop said... (6/10/07 4:56 PM) Reply
I love your top. Very pretty and chiffon is a nightmare to sew. Great top!

The Technique of Underlining Garments