Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1313 (1960s Nina Ricci Suit)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:6/10/07 10:49 PM
Last Updated:6/11/07 8:41 AM

Other Projects by Kay Y using this Pattern

tpace said... (2/16/09 2:35 PM) Reply
I love your Vintage Vogue Style, I have just won a few of Vogue Paris Original patterns 1434 and 1617. I'm a beginner in sewing I hope they come out well. You have encourage me to go ahead a tackle it. I know I can do it.
AnneM said... (6/17/07 8:29 PM) Reply
Excellent, classic, elegant dress.
MrsCrumpet said... (6/13/07 10:43 PM) Reply
Not only have you achieved a perfectly fitting classic sheath dress, but you have sewn it with precision and expert finishing touches. I have a 60s sheath by Teal Traina without side seams. It is a very flattering look, once you get the fit right. If I were you I would make this dress over and over again. All you need to do is add sleeves for the winter. It would look good in so many different fabrics. This is one of the most comprehensive reviews I have read. Thank you.
Membear said... (6/13/07 3:33 AM) Reply
I have enjoyed your progress on this very much and have to say that you look very elegant indeed. Well done I really found your jacket review inspiring.
Marji said... (6/12/07 5:14 PM) Reply
fabulous! I added this to my bookmarked reviews to go back and refer to. Just wonderful - very informative review.
Annette1 said... (6/12/07 0:49 AM) Reply
This dress is a PERFECT fit. It couldn't be any better. I'd say that's one challenge you've conquered. :o) I've never seen a CF dart like this, nor your clever idea of sewing a piece of linen to the dart and pressing it the other direction. Thanks for another great review!
lmg said... (6/11/07 10:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful sheath dress. Such lovely work.
carolynw said... (6/11/07 4:45 PM) Reply
Really lovely - goes so well with the jacket.
slanden99 said... (6/11/07 3:50 PM) Reply
Very elegant dress. Looks great with the jacket. You did an excellent job making the pattern work for you (with a little software help)
Susan Dryer said... (6/11/07 3:44 PM) Reply
Impressive and quite lovely. Very "Audrey Hepburn."
Laurie Lou said... (6/11/07 2:56 PM) Reply
All I can say is I can see why you were drwan to that fantastic pattern. And you are such a fabulous seemstress...you certainly did a remarkable dress and jacket. What a truely wonderful inspiration! I love love love it all including your detailed review!
cindyann said... (6/11/07 2:38 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit. Very elegant and beautiful.
Carolyndh said... (6/11/07 1:47 PM) Reply
Very nice vintage outfit! Fantastic workmanship!
snowflake girl said... (6/11/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and jacket. Wonderful fit.
Kathy_AZ said... (6/11/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Wow! Your outfit is just fabulous.
Katrin7 said... (6/11/07 11:21 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress and the fitting is excellent!
JaneH said... (6/11/07 9:59 AM) Reply
Excellent tailoring!!
mastdenman said... (6/11/07 9:15 AM) Reply
What a great dress. Wonderful use of PE.
Leslie in Austin said... (6/11/07 9:03 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely--elegant and very expensive looking. Thanks for walking us through your process!
marjenann said... (6/11/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Whew!!!! Stunning!
Beve said... (6/11/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful outfit and the fit is perfect!
Danvillegirl said... (6/11/07 6:47 AM) Reply
Excellent use of PMB. Very attractive dress. Love the jacket/dress combo.
Fran G said... (6/11/07 6:47 AM) Reply
You do the most amazing work! You are one of my favorites and I look forward to and learn from each of your reviews.The technique of sewing a linen strip to the CF dart to balance it, thus eliminating a ridge is new to me, but a tip that I will remember and use. Thanks.
CarolynGM said... (6/11/07 5:18 AM) Reply
The dress design is very elegant, and you have captured it beautifully in your custom fit. PMB sounds like a great tool.
FloraNature said... (6/11/07 4:24 AM) Reply
Fabulous fit!
Sigrid. said... (6/11/07 3:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Very timely as I'm about to make a similar dress. You treated the lining as one with the fabric, good idea, did not think about that, as my pattern does not have lining, but I want to add it. How is the armhole finished? Separate facing?
Schnauzer said... (6/11/07 2:24 AM) Reply
What a lovely outfit Kay, I like the dress fabric!
Marita Kinnula said... (6/11/07 1:54 AM) Reply
You always make them look so good and the fit is really great. An other great one!!! Marita
Aixoise said... (6/10/07 11:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit - classic - elegant. the fit on both jacket and dress is superb.
sewbehind said... (6/10/07 10:52 PM) Reply
The fit on your dress is fabulous. Very nice.

More Knits