Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7994 (Princess seamed dress)

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
Member since: 9/14/05
Posted on:6/11/07 2:16 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Anne F said... (5/20/15 1:20 PM) Reply
Love the way you raised the neckline. How did you do that? Or point me to a link.
nanahanna said... (1/9/08 1:04 PM) Reply
Great review! I have this pattern and just trimmed it yesterday to begin sewing! I am so glad to know about omitting the zipper! My fabric I chose for this dress is quite stretchy also, so I think I will do the same! Thank you for a great review!
AnneM said... (6/17/07 6:28 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, very nice style. Excellent choice for what to do with this fabric, I think; it breaks it up nicely.
Em's Summer said... (6/14/07 11:05 AM) Reply
What a pretty pretty PRETTY dress! It looks great on you! And what a wonderful review, too!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/13/07 1:21 AM) Reply
I never noticed this dress until your review and went back to see Irene and Cambric Tea's reviews. What a lovely, classic, flattering dress. And I love your fabric choice! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Luckylibbet said... (6/12/07 11:37 AM) Reply
Very flattering - love the print!
xela said... (6/12/07 11:35 AM) Reply
Great dress on you. Perhaps a small shoulder pad would give a better balance between shoulder and hip. I love the idea of eliminating zippers, especially those long ones up the back. Great Texas dress-or wherever it stays hot most the year.
Nata said... (6/12/07 8:07 AM) Reply
Great looking dress!
krystalkaes said... (6/12/07 0:41 AM) Reply
Ooo, super cute. I am impressed with the matching of the print on your front seam. Way to go.
slanden99 said... (6/11/07 10:02 PM) Reply
nofuss-for 60 inch wide fabric, it takes 2 1/2 yards, 45 inch fabric takes 3 1/2 yards (of course, more fabric for longer length, less for shorter length).
Schnauzer said... (6/11/07 9:15 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!.Your choice of fabric is very nice and complements the style beautifully!
nofuss said... (6/11/07 9:05 PM) Reply
Lovely dress - thanks for explaining your changes due to fabric choice - may i ask - how much fabric does this dress take?
MelissaB in WA said... (6/11/07 6:13 PM) Reply
Cute dress!!
Pinkytoo said... (6/11/07 5:06 PM) Reply
Now THAT is a cute dress! It looks great.
carolynw said... (6/11/07 4:41 PM) Reply
Really love this dress on you and I like the fabric - bought it myself but have yet to use - thanks for a good idea of what I can do and Vogue is on sale here for $5+ so ---
pterion said... (6/11/07 3:54 PM) Reply
Great job adapting this pattern for a knit and what smart choices getting the print to work with this style. It looks so pretty on you!
Re Becca said... (6/11/07 3:48 PM) Reply
I love your fabric. Yours looks so much better than the envelop. You made a very nice looking dress that also looks comfortable.
SewLil said... (6/11/07 3:44 PM) Reply
This is a nice dress. Can't tell that it's a knit from the picture but like that it is & that you eliminated the zipper. Might give it a go.

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

PerfectFuseTailorUltra Black

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)