Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Other> Hat (Baby Hat)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:2/2/03 9:15 PM

Irene said... (3/1/03 8:25 PM) Reply
This hat is way too easy and so cute! I've made 12 so far, encouraged by Deepika's (and later, Lou's) example. One hat has a contrasting cuff. I cut 5 inches (2 x 2-1/2" turn under amount) off the pattern bottom and used this to cut 2 cuff pieces from aqua fleece. Then I cut the 2 crown pieces from purple fleece. Using my serger, I flatlocked each cuff to a crown. Flatlocking eliminated a bulky seam, but if you don't have a serger, be sure to be the seam on the right side. It will be hidden in the cuff and won't rub the baby's head. Then, I went back to following the pattern directions. Hope to post a photo soon.
Deepika said... (2/18/03 2:05 PM) Reply
Yes Ruge, you are right. I was thinking of using the cuff from a different contrasting fabric. That might be fun.
Ruge said... (2/18/03 1:23 PM) Reply
This is a really fun pattern to make. I made 5 over the weekend using scraps from my stash. Now I have to find someplace that wants them. I think that this would be great pattern to use for trying out embellishment ideas and still donate to charity.
Yang Yang Juan said... (2/10/03 8:05 PM) Reply
Very Cute! But the pattern photo link to the page that is no longer available. :-(
Teri said... (2/3/03 1:15 PM) Reply
Very Cute! I think I will have to make some to go with my pink plaid mittens!
Lou. said... (2/3/03 10:09 AM) Reply
Cute hat! I think I have to give this one a go!
Deepika said... (2/2/03 10:28 PM) Reply
Peggy click on the Pattern photo. I am also trying to find the website where I downloaded the mittens from.
Peggy said... (2/2/03 10:05 PM) Reply
Deepika: can you share the website you found this cute pattern? Thanks Peggy

Christine Jonson Pleat Front Dress