Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Lekala Patterns> 5531 (Dress with decorative ties)

Reviewed by:LauraLo

About LauraLostarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/25/06
Posted on:6/13/07 6:03 AM
Last Updated:6/13/07 8:09 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Judi said... (2/13/08 11:40 AM) Reply
Laura, this dress looks awesome on you. I have been reading a lot of your reviews and they are fantastic. You are very talented. How did you obtain this pattern? I have not heard of M-sewing.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (6/18/07 11:34 PM) Reply
Lovely dress Laura, dont know how I missd this one. Very stylish, love the ties.
AnneM said... (6/16/07 3:22 PM) Reply
That came out very nicely. Adorable style. Good use of steam-a-seam.
Hilary said... (6/14/07 5:31 PM) Reply
Well done! Beautiful dress, and great tip on applying the ribbon/bias trim. Thanks for the review!
LauraLo said... (6/14/07 9:13 AM) Reply
sorry, duplicate post
LauraLo said... (6/14/07 8:55 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your comments, you make me feel appreciated and special! Fuzzygalore, I'm a B cup so didn't have any problems with this pattern (I agree with your remark about the m-sewing patterns, by the way, a pants pattern bought for my husband was a disaster, the waist was 10 cm below his natural waist!!!) Puppy, I'm almost 35 and Jackie Kennedy is quite a fashion icon for me! She's very popular in Romania. nicegirl512 and loreo51, the steam a seam helped me place very nicely the ties and also helped with the topstitching because everything staid put and I didn't have to fuss. Irina, I must admit that my binding foot helps me doing a good job, so I cannot take all the credit for it... Once again, thank you all, you really made my day. LauraLo
hongkongshopper said... (6/14/07 6:34 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. You are really sewing up a storm!
LauraM62 said... (6/14/07 6:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, fantastic work as always Laura! It looks so lovely on you!
Tany said... (6/14/07 4:06 AM) Reply
This is what I call a masterpiece! GORGEOUS!
CarolynGM said... (6/13/07 9:25 PM) Reply
I'm in awe of your perfect binding. This is a darling and very unique dress.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/13/07 6:44 PM) Reply
Whyat a darling dress.
Laurie Lou said... (6/13/07 3:40 PM) Reply
Love it! And how did you get your stitching so perfect along the edge of the ribbon! And thanks for the tip on the Steam A seam. I will ahve to try that!
Linda G said... (6/13/07 12:56 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely beautiful and so well constructed. The pinks are stunning on the black.
nicegirl said... (6/13/07 12:19 PM) Reply
I really love the decorative ties, and you did such an excellent job placing them!
Birgitte said... (6/13/07 12:15 PM) Reply
So beautiful, and your eye for detail really shows. I also use steam a seam, it's very helpful when working with 'difficult' fabric.
Erica B. said... (6/13/07 11:43 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and I love the trim.
Puppy said... (6/13/07 11:31 AM) Reply
You have very cute and unique ideas and this is certainly one of them. It's also fun that you are young and from Romania but are familiar with the "Jackie look"!
fuzzygalore said... (6/13/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Hey it's not so bad... m-sewing can't adjust for cup size at all, and if you're a cup size that needs adjusting you have no business wearing a dress whose back doesn't allow for bras :-). So all's well. YOU at least look very good in this :-).
Levone said... (6/13/07 10:03 AM) Reply
Pretty dress....love the two shades of binding.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/13/07 9:47 AM) Reply

gatorgirl4325 said... (6/13/07 9:47 AM) Reply
I love the lines on your dress - they are very Jackie like! :) The fit is great and you did a wonderful job with the bindings.
carolynw said... (6/13/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Very beautiful - love the color choices!
cindy-lou said... (6/13/07 8:39 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for all the into on M-Patterns.
Lori V said... (6/13/07 7:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. The trim and cute are so pretty and it looks great on you.

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt