Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5212 (Tuscan Shirt)

Reviewed by:Beve

About Bevestar
FL USA
Member since: 11/7/03
Posted on:6/25/07 8:58 PM
Last Updated:6/25/07 8:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Beve said... (9/11/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Good question, Muffin..I cut the sleeve armhole area (the cap) in the XS size, extending the armhole seams to a S to match the bodice side seams, which also gave me greater width in the upper arm area where it was needed. Hope this clarifies..
muffin1 said... (9/10/07 7:25 AM) Reply
WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CUT AN S IN THE SLEEVE BODY
NancyGT said... (7/16/07 9:39 AM) Reply
buttons are perfect as is; white would throw off the pattern of the cotton balls! Thank you for your review.
Frozzy said... (6/28/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Great shirt and great review. Thanks for the sizing info, it really helps. Now I have to buy another pattern.... oh, forgot - I like the blue buttons.
Diane E said... (6/28/07 1:50 AM) Reply
Beve, you look beautiful in your shirt, and I love the buttons you chose. Very pretty!
lmg said... (6/27/07 0:27 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute. Much better than the pattern envelope. I vote for white pearl buttons, but I like contrast
davin said... (6/27/07 0:11 AM) Reply
No, I think the buttons would distract from the fabric and your face, which are plenty!
Donna H said... (6/26/07 7:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful job...love the shirt!
Harriet Rogers said... (6/26/07 11:53 AM) Reply
Love the shirt and like the buttons, but white might add a little "bizzaz": would match the fluffy balls. Thanks for review. The top looks terrific on you.
Enid E said... (6/26/07 10:35 AM) Reply
You look so nice in this blouse..It does fit you well. I am a former BSFer, I loved it and do miss it...
Puddin Pop said... (6/26/07 10:28 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful and I like the white fuzzy balls. It's always nice to have fun with your clothing design. I don't think you should use the white buttons. It would take away from the fluffy balls. Very pretty.
carolynw said... (6/26/07 10:00 AM) Reply
Love your shirt - have been wondering about this pattern - will wonder no more - good shirt patterns are hard to come by these days so this one looks like a great addition to the stash
Mary Stiefer said... (6/26/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt. Your clothes always looks wonderful on you.
Deepika said... (6/26/07 8:34 AM) Reply
Beve, your shirt is gorgeous! I have been looking for a review of Tuscan shirt since the day it came out. I have to go sew mine now :) Thanks for your review.
igi said... (6/26/07 7:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! Thank you for review. Makes me keen to try out the pattern.
Fran G said... (6/26/07 6:44 AM) Reply
A really cute blouse. I like the high hip length..trendier than tuck in. Also you could wear a little tank and use this as a little cover up /jacket.
FloraNature said... (6/26/07 4:25 AM) Reply
It's beautiful as it is. My feeling is that adding white buttons would disturb the symmetry of the little white balls, which are the distinguishing feature of this shirt.
Zaneta said... (6/26/07 2:17 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous! I think it is nice with the buttons you have selected but would look really cute with White ones also..they would be more of a feature
CynthiaSue said... (6/26/07 1:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
Jo Wales said... (6/26/07 1:08 AM) Reply
Hi Beve, The shirt looks super. I have purchased the pattern but not made it up yet. How do you feel about Casual Elegance not sending us swatches any more. I am disappointed because I hate to buy fabric unless I can touch and feel it and see the colors.
Jo Wales said... (6/26/07 1:07 AM) Reply
sew2little said... (6/26/07 0:28 AM) Reply
Your blouse is so much prettier than those featured on the pattern! And, while the gray buttons look great, little white buttons (shaped like pearls?) to match your little white fluffs on the fabric would be cute indeed. But then you would have to sew them on again. . . my least favorite part of sewing!
j222b said... (6/25/07 11:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I like the buttons just the way they are.
Lori V said... (6/25/07 10:57 PM) Reply
I love your shirt, it looks fantastic on you.
Nancywin said... (6/25/07 10:19 PM) Reply
Nice looking top BEv. I would try the white buttons - you might really like the look. Of course, I tend to go with contrasting buttons. Just read your profile. I love BSF, but didn't get to go last year because of working on a masters degree.
sewbehind said... (6/25/07 10:19 PM) Reply
The colour of this shirt flatters your complexion. Very nice job.
CSM--Carla said... (6/25/07 9:43 PM) Reply
Nice looking shirt! Love the fabric and buttons look good. Your review made me happy to read. I love LH too. Thanks for this thorough review. Carla
Littlehuntingcreek said... (6/25/07 9:34 PM) Reply
I love your shirt, I like the gray buttons - but it's your shirt - if you want white buttons, go for it!
Linda E. said... (6/25/07 9:18 PM) Reply
very cute shirt..

HotPatterns 1168

by: Speech gir...

by: idaaida

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)