Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2820

Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:1/12/02 12:23 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Pants
Tessa said... (3/8/03 0:17 AM) Reply
I really appreciate the detailed review and the helpful photos. DH wears size 33 pants, so it looks as if small would be the size to try for him. For my skinny son I will also have to size down. Not all KS pants are oversized, I have not found this with sweatpants and leggings.
said... (1/26/02 12:07 PM) Reply
This confirms what I am already discovering as I make a pair of trousers for my husband. Get the fit right and you can do anything. Thanks for the wonderfully detailed review. Great review!
said... (1/13/02 10:55 AM) Reply
Karla, measuring won't help much, that's what I did on the first draft. If you need to choose a size based on a body measurement, choose the hips. Elona, I find that Kwik Sew is very oversized in both TOPS and BOTTOMS.
said... (1/12/02 7:43 PM) Reply
From this comment and others, I'm getting the impression that Kwik Sew's strength is the fit and construction of tops, rather than pants.
said... (1/12/02 7:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the details. This confirms my fears that it's cheaper and easier to buy cargo pants for my boys rather than sew them!!
said... (1/12/02 3:17 PM) Reply
I appreciate the size warning on these. I'll measure the flat pattern carefully before deciding on sizes for DS and DH.
said... (1/12/02 12:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. This review will be extremely helpful when I start to sew a pair for DH. The pants you made turned out really very well!

by: jewelea