Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-05 (Rose Top)

Reviewed by:SewPaula

Last Updated:6/30/07 12:27 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

NoraNora said... (12/26/07 5:18 AM) Reply
great looking shirts and a fablous fit in the back! very nice review!
Helen near Sydney said... (7/12/07 6:51 PM) Reply
It's a funny thing trying to hide fluff, bigger and boxier clothes make you look bigger and boxier! The curves on this top show your beautifully proportioned figure lurking below. Maybe next time a slightly curved hem???
martinanne said... (7/3/07 11:45 AM) Reply
Thanks. I love the look of this top and want to make it for me...but I don't think puffed sleeves would agree with me. Glad to know I can sub another sleeve from the same issue. Your results look great!!
SewPaula said... (6/30/07 9:08 AM) Reply
martinanne, yes, I'd forgotten that I'd changed the sleeve. I used one of the other sleeves from the same issue, the regular short sleeve, because I felt that with the embroidered fabric for the body and the shiny neckline, there was enough going on in this top without the puffed sleeve. Thanks for reminding me.
zora said... (6/30/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I love the fabric and the neckline matches it perfect!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/30/07 1:36 AM) Reply
These are really nicely shaped tops. I especially love the shiney trim on the green top with the matching skirt. It looksnice but comfortable too. Very pretty SewPaula.
gaz-mom said... (6/30/07 0:35 AM) Reply
I love the way those look!!! Especially with the shiny fabric. I recognized your green knit right away--I have the same one in periwinkle. *grin*
Sew4Fun said... (6/30/07 0:17 AM) Reply
Lovely Paula.
martinanne said... (6/30/07 0:08 AM) Reply
Very cute tops! Your sleeve treatment looks different than the pattern example. Did you just leave off the cuff and eliminate the puff, or did you substitute a different sleeve altogether?
pterion said... (6/30/07 0:01 AM) Reply
Love this top. This particular top has intrigued me, with the combination of woven neckline on a knit. It looks great on you!
mssewcrazy said... (6/29/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Thank goodness I bit the bullet and ordered this issue while it is available. I'll bet it will sell out in short order with all these cute tees. Your shirts are very pretty. I may have to break down and shell out the cash for a subscription if there's much of this type thing in that magazine.
Sherril Miller said... (6/29/07 11:30 PM) Reply
This is my next pattern to try. I love the way your tops came out, expecially the butterfly one. Thanks for the info about the neckline fabric choice.
Debbie Cook said... (6/29/07 10:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Ottobre had better have a good supply of this issue as the word is spreading about how great these tees are!
TanyaMT said... (6/29/07 10:19 PM) Reply
Very pretty tops.
merry-one said... (6/29/07 8:53 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I have the magazine and it is on my list. Will need to move it up the list.
tomed said... (6/29/07 8:51 PM) Reply
very pretty! I like the neckline matching the skirt. Thanks for the review.

Other Gertie\\'s Book: