Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2006-13 (Basic Pants)

Reviewed by:JuliaS

About JuliaSstarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 3/29/04
Posted on:7/3/07 10:29 AM
Last Updated:1/22/08 5:46 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

bananaoil said... (1/25/08 11:19 PM) Reply
I appreciate your reviews of this pattern. I've traced it but have been afraid to take the plunge. I'm sure I'll know this–––what is RPL???
blue mooney said... (1/23/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Congrats! They look great. I love your little twin in the rear view pic.
Diane E said... (1/23/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful pants, Julia! They look wonderful on you and you look wonderful in them!
cabinbaby said... (1/22/08 8:00 PM) Reply
Those ARE great pants! Thanks for sharing!
loohoo44 said... (1/22/08 7:13 PM) Reply
wow, these look fabulous! You are my hero, I have yet to touch a pants pattern.
OP Gal said... (1/22/08 6:33 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm impressed. Your pants look awesome from every angle. If I could get that flawless look from the back, I'd be as high as a kite. Congratulations on achieving the holy grail of sewing; a perfect crotch curve. (Your cute daughter's crotch curve looks pretty good, too. ;-) )
kiddo said... (7/10/07 11:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful pants!!! It's very difficult finding the right pattern to fit and you've come up a winner!
MelissaB in WA said... (7/5/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Your pants look fantastic!!! I just finally sewed a pair that fit me a few days ago and it felt so good so I can totally relate! :-)
carolynw said... (7/4/07 8:42 AM) Reply
Julia they fit you perfectl - isn't it nice to have that? Will have a glass of wine for you tonight LOL
CarolynGM said... (7/4/07 6:56 AM) Reply
Lucky you! You found a great fitting pattern to use again and again.
Sigrid. said... (7/4/07 3:42 AM) Reply
Great pants, great fit. Must find that magazine!
Birgitte said... (7/3/07 9:14 PM) Reply
I love your pants- and your outfit! That pink sash superb!
Heatherrique said... (7/3/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Sharp pants! Hot!
EveS said... (7/3/07 8:36 PM) Reply
The Holy Grail!!! Fabulous pants and helpful review. I'm jealous, yet inspired!!! :)
Sew4Fun said... (7/3/07 6:05 PM) Reply
Yay Julia!! Beautiful pants. In fact great outfit! I agree about the fit of this pattern. I made #12 and loved the fit.
Lori V said... (7/3/07 5:44 PM) Reply
Great looking pants
JulieR said... (7/3/07 4:45 PM) Reply
Julia, you pants look great and your timing is wonderful - I'm planning to use this pattern for Shannon Giffords upcoming class to make a pants muslin. Thank you for sharing your experience and providing so much detail. Julie
bunz said... (7/3/07 2:31 PM) Reply
Looking good. I'm envious you found such a great-fitting pants pattern!
So So said... (7/3/07 2:06 PM) Reply
CONGRATULATIONS! You have done it, great fitting pants. I will come back to your review for inspiration when i start the search again thanks! Rated you very helpful.
MissCelie said... (7/3/07 12:31 PM) Reply
Julia, these are BEAUTIFUL. As I am in the middle of pants of which I have chosen to turn a blind eye to some whiskers I bow down to you in awe. Congrats!
CSY said... (7/3/07 12:27 PM) Reply
Julia, Those pants look beatiful of you! I think you have finally mastered fitting pants for yourself.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (7/3/07 12:20 PM) Reply
Great job, wonderful pants.
Tiner W said... (7/3/07 12:14 PM) Reply
They look fabulous! Yes, I think I need to try these.
Levone said... (7/3/07 11:37 AM) Reply
Great looking pants! I'm glad to see you reviewing this pattern as I was considering tracing this one off but was concerned as to whether the pants were too wide (based on others' comments), although I like wide legged pants. I think I will give it a go! Your pair looks great on you...
Kipi said... (7/3/07 11:13 AM) Reply
Those look fantastic. Very inspiring to me as I continue to expand my skills.
Judy Wentz said... (7/3/07 11:06 AM) Reply
Yeah for you. Fitting a pair of pants is so hard. I hope that we see many of these from you on Pattern Review.
khurtdvm said... (7/3/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Those look great - congratulations!
Mufffet said... (7/3/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Great look and fit. Thanks for the review.
merry-one said... (7/3/07 10:46 AM) Reply
They look phenomenal. Congratulations! I've been looking at that pattern for a couple of weeks now. You've inspired me.
pterion said... (7/3/07 10:44 AM) Reply
It sure does look like you have achieved a great fit. Congratulations on having a 'TNT' pants pattern! Gotta love Ottobre...
yorkshire lass said... (7/3/07 10:33 AM) Reply
Julia, wonderful. I am cheering loudly for you finding your perfect pants pattern. They look wonderful and finding that perfect fit is so difficult.

SewBaby Wonder Jacket Pattern