Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-04 (Puffed-sleeve T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Sweater knit fabrics

nicegirl said... (7/30/08 10:00 AM) Reply
That is really cute! The style is unfussy, but the lace kicks it up a notch.
AnneMarie60 said... (7/30/08 8:18 AM) Reply
I love your lace tee! It looks great on you, and I love the sleeve alteration you made.
mssewcrazy said... (7/30/08 8:17 AM) Reply
Your new top like the others is fabulous. I would have never guessed you used the ottobre view on this. I love the lace -it looks like expensive rtw or better. Everyone of these looks so different. I think I need to get busy and trace this thing. I can never just make something either-all the tracing and pattern remaking just wear me down and then I still get something that needs work. I am glad you got this pattern perfect and can enjoy sewing it.
angie.a said... (8/11/07 11:55 AM) Reply
I love all these Sherrill! I feel your bitterness, LOL. Even tho I didn't make any alt's to this one :D
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/6/07 4:11 PM) Reply
Ok, I give. I ordered the Ottobre Women's Magazine. I just love this top and the extra length on the sleeve. Very, very cute on you. The capris are cute too!
aunt saidee said... (7/6/07 3:06 AM) Reply
Wonderful tops, Sherril; you inspire me! I bought this issue just for this top, though also thought that some of the other designs would appeal to my 32 yo niece. I read your other review: it's nice that we who are well-endowed with "chest appendages" are being taken care of at last! Great review--I especially like the fit on the interlocks.
ginaT said... (7/5/07 9:12 PM) Reply
Sherril, You look ****FABULOUS ****
slanden99 said... (7/5/07 3:26 PM) Reply
Pretty top. Looks great on you.
Mufffet said... (7/5/07 1:25 PM) Reply
Great top. I am working on the view 2 top in that Ottobre. I do have to make adjustments too - review to come. Your work inspires me - I still have trouble getting the binding just right, but yes, I love that the pattern piece is just right! Their patterns do fit well.
Marji said... (7/5/07 11:51 AM) Reply
v nice fit, flattering top. I can see why you'd want a whole closet full of these.
Debbie Cook said... (7/5/07 11:37 AM) Reply
These tees are *very* flattering to you. I think my favorite is the floral with the white background. I really like that fabric, and the neckline seems to be wider/deeper too. Did you put a CB seam into all the tops? Oh, love the pink flip flops too.
OP Gal said... (7/5/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Great looking tops, Sherril. I think you're being too hard on yourself about the how the back fits. It looks wonderful--way better than RTW!
nimble said... (7/5/07 8:18 AM) Reply
Those are all so cute and you look fabulous in them! It really IS flattering to a full bust!
mssewcrazy said... (7/5/07 6:56 AM) Reply
I am sorry for asking about the capris - I had not yet read your other review on the simplicity jr pattern which I also purchased oop after reading about it several months ago when you discussed it. If I ever get through having company,grands, and the garden stops I will sew some of your cute patterns. I seem to like all your choices in patterns.
mssewcrazy said... (7/5/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Your tops make me really happy I was able to buy this issue (first for me). It is so hard for a plus to get a fabulous top. Are the capri pants from this issue also? Your suits look great. I surely wouldn't stop at a couple either but just add 3/4 sleeves and lengthen pants for winter.
Donna H said... (7/5/07 1:49 AM) Reply
Wow, Sherril...great looking tops. And is that your UY in that one closeup??? :)
Levone said... (7/4/07 11:16 PM) Reply
Great looking tops! I can't wait to try this one.
CherylStillSews said... (7/4/07 6:24 PM) Reply
Great tops - there are so many great review on this I really must try it.
bunz said... (7/4/07 3:27 PM) Reply
Sherril, you sure put on some speed when you want to! LOL Your tops look so good on you and you've achieved fantastic fit. Kudos!
JenSews2 said... (7/4/07 1:12 PM) Reply
Wow, they look great!
AnneM said... (7/4/07 11:51 AM) Reply
Love all the tops. (Funny on the bitter comment! I only have to make a few alterations and even then it can be a pain.) My fav is the headline picture. What a beautiful print; I just adore abstract prints like that. The top has basically classic lines, so you CAN make lots of different versions.
jnamcd said... (7/4/07 8:38 AM) Reply
These all 3 look awesome on you! And I too, love the decorative elastic! Excellent job on all of them!
dbsewer said... (7/4/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Wow, you're all set for summer. Love your fabric choices and they all look great on you.
lmg said... (7/4/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Love all of the tops you made. They are very flattering. Looks like you have a great summer wardrobe. I love this pattern too.
Danvillegirl said... (7/4/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Very nice tops. Love the summery look and feel.
Sew4Fun said... (7/4/07 2:14 AM) Reply
Sherril, you made some lovely summer tops. They are all very flattering and I like the idea of the decorative elastic on the sleeve. This pattern is becoming popular and it's no wonder. It looks so good on everyone.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns