Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-04 (Puffed-sleeve T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Sherril Miller

About Sherril Millerstarstarstarstar

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:7/4/07 0:01 AM
Last Updated:7/29/08 11:20 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

nicegirl said... (7/30/08 10:00 AM) Reply
That is really cute! The style is unfussy, but the lace kicks it up a notch.
AnneMarie60 said... (7/30/08 8:18 AM) Reply
I love your lace tee! It looks great on you, and I love the sleeve alteration you made.
mssewcrazy said... (7/30/08 8:17 AM) Reply
Your new top like the others is fabulous. I would have never guessed you used the ottobre view on this. I love the lace -it looks like expensive rtw or better. Everyone of these looks so different. I think I need to get busy and trace this thing. I can never just make something either-all the tracing and pattern remaking just wear me down and then I still get something that needs work. I am glad you got this pattern perfect and can enjoy sewing it.
angie.a said... (8/11/07 11:55 AM) Reply
I love all these Sherrill! I feel your bitterness, LOL. Even tho I didn't make any alt's to this one :D
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/6/07 4:11 PM) Reply
Ok, I give. I ordered the Ottobre Women's Magazine. I just love this top and the extra length on the sleeve. Very, very cute on you. The capris are cute too!
aunt saidee said... (7/6/07 3:06 AM) Reply
Wonderful tops, Sherril; you inspire me! I bought this issue just for this top, though also thought that some of the other designs would appeal to my 32 yo niece. I read your other review: it's nice that we who are well-endowed with "chest appendages" are being taken care of at last! Great review--I especially like the fit on the interlocks.
ginaT said... (7/5/07 9:12 PM) Reply
Sherril, You look ****FABULOUS ****
slanden99 said... (7/5/07 3:26 PM) Reply
Pretty top. Looks great on you.
Mufffet said... (7/5/07 1:25 PM) Reply
Great top. I am working on the view 2 top in that Ottobre. I do have to make adjustments too - review to come. Your work inspires me - I still have trouble getting the binding just right, but yes, I love that the pattern piece is just right! Their patterns do fit well.
Marji said... (7/5/07 11:51 AM) Reply
v nice fit, flattering top. I can see why you'd want a whole closet full of these.
Debbie Cook said... (7/5/07 11:37 AM) Reply
These tees are *very* flattering to you. I think my favorite is the floral with the white background. I really like that fabric, and the neckline seems to be wider/deeper too. Did you put a CB seam into all the tops? Oh, love the pink flip flops too.
OP Gal said... (7/5/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Great looking tops, Sherril. I think you're being too hard on yourself about the how the back fits. It looks wonderful--way better than RTW!
nimble said... (7/5/07 8:18 AM) Reply
Those are all so cute and you look fabulous in them! It really IS flattering to a full bust!
mssewcrazy said... (7/5/07 6:56 AM) Reply
I am sorry for asking about the capris - I had not yet read your other review on the simplicity jr pattern which I also purchased oop after reading about it several months ago when you discussed it. If I ever get through having company,grands, and the garden stops I will sew some of your cute patterns. I seem to like all your choices in patterns.
mssewcrazy said... (7/5/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Your tops make me really happy I was able to buy this issue (first for me). It is so hard for a plus to get a fabulous top. Are the capri pants from this issue also? Your suits look great. I surely wouldn't stop at a couple either but just add 3/4 sleeves and lengthen pants for winter.
Donna H said... (7/5/07 1:49 AM) Reply
Wow, Sherril...great looking tops. And is that your UY in that one closeup??? :)
Levone said... (7/4/07 11:16 PM) Reply
Great looking tops! I can't wait to try this one.
CherylStillSews said... (7/4/07 6:24 PM) Reply
Great tops - there are so many great review on this I really must try it.
bunz said... (7/4/07 3:27 PM) Reply
Sherril, you sure put on some speed when you want to! LOL Your tops look so good on you and you've achieved fantastic fit. Kudos!
JenSews2 said... (7/4/07 1:12 PM) Reply
Wow, they look great!
AnneM said... (7/4/07 11:51 AM) Reply
Love all the tops. (Funny on the bitter comment! I only have to make a few alterations and even then it can be a pain.) My fav is the headline picture. What a beautiful print; I just adore abstract prints like that. The top has basically classic lines, so you CAN make lots of different versions.
jnamcd said... (7/4/07 8:38 AM) Reply
These all 3 look awesome on you! And I too, love the decorative elastic! Excellent job on all of them!
dbsewer said... (7/4/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Wow, you're all set for summer. Love your fabric choices and they all look great on you.
lmg said... (7/4/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Love all of the tops you made. They are very flattering. Looks like you have a great summer wardrobe. I love this pattern too.
Danvillegirl said... (7/4/07 7:09 AM) Reply
Very nice tops. Love the summery look and feel.
Sew4Fun said... (7/4/07 2:14 AM) Reply
Sherril, you made some lovely summer tops. They are all very flattering and I like the idea of the decorative elastic on the sleeve. This pattern is becoming popular and it's no wonder. It looks so good on everyone.

by: ak21

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)