Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3232 (Skort, cardigan & tank)

Reviewed by:BettyMike

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

radollrose said... (5/9/14 3:35 PM) Reply
I agree with you about the fabric! Loud but cool!! Fun for a change from the usual white or khaki denim.
Holmar said... (8/8/11 6:30 PM) Reply
Such cute fabric...I love it...just perfect for golf! The wild fabric reminds me of the cute prints from Loudmouth Golf Apparel.I just received this pattern in the mail, your skort has inspired me to try and make my own golf outfit.
KensingtonCrab said... (9/15/09 12:34 PM) Reply
I am screaming cute fabric! Wish I could find it! Thanks for the great info. I think I will make a skort or 2 for golfing. Tracey
BettyMike said... (3/14/08 10:20 AM) Reply
Stout, I think if you made the shorts more like bike shorts, it would work. I woluld make sure to use a cotton with some lycra or spandex for the skirt. This one has a fair amount of stretch. I'm about to make Jalie 2796 which is a more sporty skort. It reminds me of the cycling skorts in the Terry Cycling catalog. I think I'll make it a little longer than the pattern.
Stout said... (3/13/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Hi there, Nice review. Thank you. I am also a cyclist and I was wondering how this skort would be to ride in? I ride for transportation and don't want to wear lycra to the grocery store, but most clothing out there has a poor range of movement and not the best fabrics, so I thought I might make my own. What do you think of this pattern for sports?
PattiK said... (7/9/07 9:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review.. I need the motivation to finish sewing the pieces I have cut out on to make this pattern. I was planning on using it for my tennis games. Greak work and love, love the fabrics.
PegL said... (7/9/07 2:50 PM) Reply
Very timely review for me as I'm about to make this skort too! Thanks!
Birgitte said... (7/9/07 2:12 PM) Reply
That fabric is too groovy babe... just fabulishious!
martinanne said... (7/9/07 11:06 AM) Reply
I'm so happy to see this review. I bought this pattern for the skort, but have yet to make it up. I think I need to dig it out. This looks great on you! Personally I love the fabric and it looks perfect with the orange tank.
MissCelie said... (7/9/07 8:01 AM) Reply
Soooo, I feel a pair of these being made for my next golf game. Thanks for the review! It looks great.
TanyaMT said... (7/8/07 11:37 PM) Reply
Wow, bright color but I love it on you. I personally would look terrible in it though so I'll admire it on you. :)
khurtdvm said... (7/8/07 11:31 PM) Reply
Wow! The fabric is quite loud! For some reason, though, I kind of like it. :)
Peggy L said... (7/8/07 11:26 PM) Reply
Great fabric! They look great.
Bonnie K said... (7/8/07 10:36 PM) Reply
Cyclegirl, Thanks for the review. I've made the tank only from this pattern and I love the fit. Now I need to work on the Skort part. I would recommend the tank part! Bonnie K
leigh7911 said... (7/8/07 10:34 PM) Reply
That is GREAT fabric. Nice job!

by: TyLamer