Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2935 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:mlt

Last Updated:7/12/07 9:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens

martinanne said... (7/13/07 1:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful and amusing review!
Mufffet said... (7/13/07 12:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the sizing and on the hem - I will add length when I make this one up for DH.
mastdenman said... (7/13/07 10:07 AM) Reply
Too funny. DH has also decided that convertible collars are not acceptable unless he buys a shirt with one. Oh well. I like your shirt.
Meredith P said... (7/13/07 9:16 AM) Reply
I enjoyed your review, mlt. Now on to a shirt with a collar stand. I think they are easier than a convertible collar. David Page Coffin book/video and Margaret Islander video use wonderful, fool-proof methods. I am wondering about a guy who would wear Disco Stu even knowing the difference between a convertible collar and a collar stand ;-)
ChristineBR said... (7/13/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Very cute. Sewing for men is always an adventure in my experience and you have confirmed it.
dbsewer said... (7/13/07 8:42 AM) Reply
Too funny. But when you hit a homer, they'll never let it out of their grasp. DH still has a shirt I made him 20 years ago and even though it's now frayed and tattered he still wears it. So don't give up. I like collar stands and think they actually make a better shirt.
Mary Stiefer said... (7/13/07 0:34 AM) Reply
Well darn - they can be so darn difficult to deal with. I think this looks great. His loss.
EveS said... (7/12/07 11:10 PM) Reply
Disco Stu. I'm still giggling. Thanks for the (and helpful) review! And they wonder why we don't sew for them more. I can relate... DH (who is desperately in need of Garanimals) *prefers* collar stands as well. Who knew? Since my first attempt at a men's shirt resembles a pajama top (not yet reviewed), I'm moving on to KS 3422 for it's *proper* collar.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns