Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2447 (Men's Shirt, Vest, and Ties)

Reviewed by:U. Chicago

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

flaunt_it said... (9/17/07 11:28 PM) Reply
Thank you for your candid review. If you look at some books on pattern alteration you will find the sleeve ease problem is easy to solve. A man's shirt should have almost no east, and you were smart enough to realize this! Good for you. Keep it up - the only way you will get good at this stuff is by trying these projects over and over . I bet that if you try this pattern again, with the correct ease in the sleeve cap, it will take you 1/3 the time.
RMJ said... (9/11/07 9:25 PM) Reply
Looks great - and great fabric. Men's shirt sleeves usually don't have ease at the top - so there must have been something funny with this pattern. I'm sure the David Coffin book will help you with the next one.
carolynw said... (9/11/07 9:25 AM) Reply
I have to say all your hard work sure paid off - lovely looking shirt - one that anyone would take a second look at. Congrats on sticking it out through the sleeve difficulties
JBsewmonster said... (9/11/07 9:07 AM) Reply
Wow! I admire your determination with a difficult pattern and little experience to go on. I tried some difficult projects early on and ended up shelving my sewing hobby for a decade or so. You did a great job on this shirt. If you can do this as a beginner, imagine what you'll be making in the future!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/18/07 11:54 PM) Reply
This looks very nice. The picture is a bit dark to catch all the details.
Padmé said... (7/18/07 6:25 PM) Reply
I just finished an OOP McCalls 6529 and I matched the notches, and then curved the sleeve caps to the shirt. When I sewed this, the seam line was under the curved eased fabric and sewed in flat. I really need work on my collar area though. But sons and husband said it looked good and they would wear it. I hope you keep working at shirts. Your shirt looks really great.