Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> 1582 (Misses Peasant Blouse)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:7/18/07 10:06 PM
Last Updated:7/26/07 10:16 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Marji said... (8/2/07 9:56 AM) Reply
You've gotten great mileage from that pattern. This, to me, is what one Pattern multi-looks is all about. Nicely Done!
AnneM said... (8/2/07 8:22 AM) Reply
Fantastic. Great job using that S&S pattern to make some very current garments. All 3 are great. Love, love, love the shirring. I'm definitely going to have to copy that idea.
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/26/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Love, love all three variations.
nicegirl said... (7/26/07 5:45 PM) Reply
Hee EveS, that's funny. Yes, the Brady-ness was intentional. Don't even talk to me about Harry Potter--I think the mailroom stole my copy because it was allegedly delivered to work Monday morning and I don't have it yet. I am admitting defeat and buying it (again!!) tomorrow to read over the weekend.
EveS said... (7/26/07 5:21 PM) Reply
OMG, my first thought when I saw your pic was, "Does she REALIZE she looks like Jan, Marsha, and Cindy???" Well done!!! Anyway, I LOVE all 3 versions, esp that little jacket! As always, great review...who needs Harry Potter when we've got you? ;)
MissCelie said... (7/26/07 12:23 PM) Reply
The photo is hillarious. You'll have to prove that this smocking is as easy as you claim.
VtMartha said... (7/26/07 11:52 AM) Reply
You are so clever! I am just finishing up the HP version of your cami - not at all age appropriate for me but fun to wear. My compulsive side wants the ribbon not to twist as it goes through the casing.
Levone said... (7/26/07 11:23 AM) Reply
Love all of these! Thanks, especially for the tank version as you've given me some ideas on how to change up my HP tube cami. Great review!
lisaquilts said... (7/26/07 10:38 AM) Reply
Excellent work! Thanks for the detailed review! Wow, shirring is great--what a transformation...I'll have to conquer my fear of it!
Laurie Lou said... (7/24/07 1:46 PM) Reply
Ah ha, Very clever indead and great results, I love it. Something else I was timid to try and now I won't be. Thanks.
OP Gal said... (7/24/07 12:18 PM) Reply
The shirring on your dress is too cute! You've inspired me to try elastic bobbin thread. The shrub is adorable, too.
JuliaS said... (7/24/07 10:06 AM) Reply
I love love LOVE this little dress you did! And I too have been really intimidated by shirring with elastic thread in the bobbin, but I think you have just convinced me to try it.
cindy-lou said... (7/23/07 8:41 AM) Reply
The retail price on that TT version of this is just about crazy... $248? On a light note, you just saved yourself $238 dollars! The things you can buy now... :) Seriously, I love love this jacket. I hope I can try it this fall.
moss said... (7/19/07 12:08 PM) Reply
cool, I am working on the Hotpatterns version of this right now ("No Sweat Easy Sew" something something) and I was wanting to do a little lining too. Your jacket is fabulous. :)
Karla Kizer said... (7/19/07 6:20 AM) Reply
I've used S&S patterns over the years, but only in the past few years have I acquired some of the older ones. I've got a pretty good collection now and they're great as a basis for updating to current styles. Yours is a great example of how it's done. Thank you for the inspiration.
Sigrid. said... (7/19/07 6:18 AM) Reply
Very original and very like the garment you try to copy. Good work.
EastwoodFan said... (7/19/07 3:06 AM) Reply
Looks great & original!
Heatherrique said... (7/19/07 0:14 AM) Reply
What a refreshing take on a classic! Ooh la la!
MissCelie said... (7/18/07 10:28 PM) Reply
Interesting and creative. I am a little fascinated by the whole stretch and sew concept. Me likey the eyelet.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics