Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2788 (Womens Twist Tops)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

Last Updated:11/28/07 11:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Maternity
Annette1 said... (11/29/07 12:29 PM) Reply
Sigrid: Well, I'm ashamed to admit I have SEVERAL Jalie patterns (mostly for pants), but I've never actually MADE one of them. :o) Maybe this top can be my first one. (I'll use your review as my go-by.) I also ordered two other patterns for tops, and that one for the city coat, which I also first noticed on one of your reviews. (Boy, you're REALLY going to we me before this is all done.) I love the lines of that coat, and the yokes. I was also glad you mentioned in this review to always check the sizes on the Jalie patterns, as they differ. I hadn't realized that. So just keep those reviews coming, giving me big ideas. :o)
MissCelie said... (11/29/07 9:02 AM) Reply
I'm with Annette. I think this is the best twist top pattern I've seen. I also really like the modesty panel.
Sigrid. said... (11/29/07 2:35 AM) Reply
Annette1: Oh dear, I'm so sorry :-))) How can I make up to you? Really convinced that you're going to like Jalie. I started with their jeans jacket, and was downright sold after that. They're expensive to buy, but feel they're worth it. We'll see your results here soon I presume?
Annette1 said... (11/28/07 6:18 PM) Reply
Okay, Miss Priss, I just now bought this pattern based SOLELY on how nice yours looks. AND, while I was on the Jalie site, I felt the need to buy three MORE patterns, too. So at this point, I figure you owe me $52.47! :o) I think yours is my favorite "twist top" of all. I have the Kwik Sew pattern and have made it a couple times, but I'm going to try this one. I like that modesty panel, for one, because even when I raised the neckline on the other one, I still felt like it was low (way too low to wear to work, for sure). Thanks for the great review!
Grammy Gin said... (11/28/07 2:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on your twist top shirt! Great review. ;-)
marjenann said... (11/28/07 2:08 PM) Reply
One very special top!! Thanks for the diagram of the FBA!!! I need that too!
Annette1 said... (7/24/07 0:44 AM) Reply
This top looks so nice on you, and I love that color. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks of things AFTER I'm already in bed. I especially appreciate your picture of the full bust adjustment to the front pattern piece.
Nancywin said... (7/23/07 10:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the picture of the FBA. I never could figure out how to do it right on this style bodice. I can see how that will work.
lmg said... (7/23/07 9:54 PM) Reply
Those diagrams of the FBA are extremely helpful to me for DD. Thanks. With the new back do you find the shoulders stay in place?
BJ1400 said... (7/23/07 8:07 PM) Reply
Top looks great on you.
Irene said... (7/23/07 2:12 PM) Reply
Your full-bust adjustment link is worth at least a thousand words! Thank you for a thorough and encouraging review.
Sigrid. said... (7/23/07 1:51 PM) Reply
Frozzy: it is a jersey.
loridiane said... (7/23/07 12:39 PM) Reply
This top is gorgeous!
NancyGT said... (7/23/07 0:07 AM) Reply
jeepers, you look great! I would never have tried this but just ordered the pattern based on your review.
Mary Mary said... (7/22/07 9:53 PM) Reply
I just got this pattern and am a DD cup so I will do as you showed and adjust the front. I hope I can do as well as you did. Mary
Frozzy said... (7/22/07 7:14 PM) Reply
Your top looks great, it drapes so nice in the front. What type of knit fabric did you use? Was it a jersey or interlock?
oracle said... (7/22/07 4:44 PM) Reply
Wow, great top and helpful review. It looks really great on you! I just bought this pattern, and after seeing yours am even more eager to try it. (I'm also a D cup.) And thanks for all the photos! Your converting it from the string to a full back is an interesting change. While you may want to let out the back a little (as you say), the back neckline fits you to a "T".

Favorite Things Little Prairie Girl Pattern