Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5142 (The Perfect Jean)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:7/31/07 0:31 AM
Last Updated:7/31/07 0:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Vesta Patterns

Angelia74 said... (10/17/07 8:46 AM) Reply
Ok... these jeans look great! I have always been afraid to try and sew jeans but these are an inspiration! I'm getting the pattern today! Thanks for the review!
ELizabeth_Atl said... (9/3/07 11:47 PM) Reply
I'm currently working this pattern and I'm curious to know if you used the pattern directions for the fly/zipper or a different method. After multiple tries I finally figured out the pattern directions, I'm just not loving how they came out. Would be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/8/07 9:13 AM) Reply
GOrgeous ... I am inspired!
PhyllisC said... (8/1/07 6:35 PM) Reply
Love 'em - I really admire anyone who tackles jeans!
Mary Stiefer said... (7/31/07 11:47 PM) Reply
Fabulous - love all of your additional touches to make these jeans uniquely yours.
Dmd4106 said... (7/31/07 8:52 PM) Reply
Fab as usual. Luv the pocket detail
krawz said... (7/31/07 8:11 PM) Reply
Your jeans look amazing! I never would have thought of the color combination but it looks stunning! I have to get that pattern! Great job!
ceehawks1976 said... (7/31/07 3:49 PM) Reply
First time ever I have wanted to buy a pants pattern. I will now thanks to your awesome review!
Nancy K said... (7/31/07 3:15 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans! Jeans are my next project, so I appreciate your review. I also have this pattern in the stash. If mine fit this well I won't be buying anymore jeans!
Levone said... (7/31/07 1:21 PM) Reply
Wow, great job on these! They look fantastic on you. I love the embroidery and the contrasting topstitching.
Modiste Madness said... (7/31/07 12:45 PM) Reply
Another winner! You have a great eye for fabric and design.
gatorgirl4325 said... (7/31/07 11:44 AM) Reply
Those jeans *are* perfect.
sewbehind said... (7/31/07 11:08 AM) Reply
Erica, those look top of the line. Fantastic job.
TrixieD said... (7/31/07 10:24 AM) Reply
I bought the pattern a few weeks ago, and after your review, I'm going out to find the right denim. Awesome work!
CarolynGM said... (7/31/07 9:20 AM) Reply
Perfect! Now when is the next McCall's patern sale -- this pattern looks like a must have.
carolynw said... (7/31/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Wow - if I saw this int he store I would expect to pay big $$$$ - lovely
MissCelie said... (7/31/07 7:17 AM) Reply
Gah!! How do you do it? I could make jeans from now until kingdom come and they would still look like I got them from the flea market.
LauraLo said... (7/31/07 7:05 AM) Reply
I want that pattern, I want it now! And an embroidery machine to go with it... Erica, seriously now, these are absolutely gorgeous jeans and they look perfect on you. Amazing job!
susinok said... (7/31/07 6:54 AM) Reply
Ooh nice! I have that pattern and have not made it yet. We are similar shaped below the waist, so I am encouraged to get mine out and sew them up.
Sigrid. said... (7/31/07 3:21 AM) Reply
Perfect jeans. I have this pattern and hope it will fit as well as yours does.
Tany said... (7/31/07 3:12 AM) Reply
You did it! You made the perfect pair of jeans! Wow!
Kiwi Girl said... (7/31/07 2:18 AM) Reply
So cool.... your jeans look awesome and you look stunning in them. You have done such a great job. I have got this pattern ready to go so I am thrilled to read your review. Which view did you sew... I am assuming view B..? They look far better than RTW I have seen.
Annette1 said... (7/31/07 2:00 AM) Reply
Perfect! I love your idea of silver topstitching. Don't you love it when you find a pattern that you really LOVE? :o)
Sew4Fun said... (7/31/07 1:53 AM) Reply
Great jeans.
narcissaqtpie said... (7/31/07 1:10 AM) Reply
Wow!! There is no way I am ever going to spend $$$ on jeans when such a superb pair can be CUSTOM MADE at home.
luvzdogz said... (7/31/07 0:40 AM) Reply
What an awesome pair of jeans! The metallic topstitching sounds like it gives your jeans a dressy Chanel touch.
Lisa Merry said... (7/31/07 0:37 AM) Reply
I LOVE the embroidery on the pockets!! These look like very expensive store-bought jeans!
sewsewboy said... (7/31/07 0:37 AM) Reply
Those jeans are amazing!!! You do excellent work. Your attention to detail is fantastic!!! Your pair of denim looks WAY better than those $150.00 plus pairs out there in the retail world. Custom fit to your body. I bow down to your sewing awesomeness!!!
hongkongshopper said... (7/31/07 0:35 AM) Reply