Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2007-133 Skirt (Ruched Skirt)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:8/13/07 2:40 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
Aless said... (8/21/07 4:25 AM) Reply
This whole outfit is Class with a capital C.....M-MMMM!!!!
Jeans said... (8/16/07 9:40 AM) Reply
It's So Beautiful..... I love it...... I want One.... :-) ....Thanks for this wonderful Review and picture Love the Shirt too
MasoumaRose said... (8/15/07 1:01 PM) Reply
Liana, the more I think about this skirt, the more impressed I am. I thought it was a bit unwearable when I saw it in BWOF, but I love it! Thank you for posting a review!
cathy45 said... (8/15/07 9:19 AM) Reply
This is stunning! Runway ready. The plaid accents on the ruching are genius.
MissCelie said... (8/14/07 7:02 PM) Reply
That is truly a one of a kind. Whoa.
juchal said... (8/14/07 6:19 PM) Reply

juchal said... (8/14/07 6:19 PM) Reply
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Love it!!!
Annette1 said... (8/14/07 5:52 PM) Reply
I absolutely LOVE your skirt and outfit, Liana, and I admire your creativity. This is right up my alley. :o) BEAUTIFUL work, as usual.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/14/07 5:18 PM) Reply
Fabulous!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (8/14/07 11:10 AM) Reply
Really, wonderful.
MelissaB in WA said... (8/14/07 10:52 AM) Reply
WOW!!! What an incredible skirt! I love the feminine look of it ~ I might just *need* one too! :-) Your outfit is just gorgeous too!
DorothyK said... (8/14/07 9:12 AM) Reply
Wow. What a fantastic job. Your choice of fabrics is terrific. The skirt is smashing and combines well with the jacket, which is also smashing. You really wear clothes well.
milo1000 said... (8/14/07 3:22 AM) Reply
Absolutely STUNNING! The plaid ties were a brilliant idea. The whole outfit is incredible!
snowflake girl said... (8/13/07 10:12 PM) Reply
wow, looks great, love the fabrics. As always a great job.
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/13/07 9:26 PM) Reply
Outstanding, and the jacket is delish! Very fashion forward : ) The whole ensemble is perfecto!
Diane E said... (8/13/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Liana, I love this skirt! And I love the whole outfit. It is stunning. The silhouette is magnificent, and the combination of fabrics, inspired! Thank you for such a thorough review.
VtMartha said... (8/13/07 5:46 PM) Reply
That is the coolest outfit, Liana! I especially like it with the jacket.
Nancy K said... (8/13/07 5:13 PM) Reply
This is perfect on you. I like the fabric combos especially. You have the height and presence to carry it off. It works well with both the jacket and the blouse.
bunz said... (8/13/07 4:18 PM) Reply
What a thoroughly delightful outfit!! Definitely a change for you == I'm so glad you are happy with it.
Kiwi Girl said... (8/13/07 3:46 PM) Reply
oh la la... I love it.
Melody said... (8/13/07 2:58 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous skirt!! I love your fabric choices and you've done an amazing job, as usual.
Birgitte said... (8/13/07 2:07 PM) Reply
What a great skirt- and you look fabulous in it!
Christina Sonja said... (8/13/07 2:06 PM) Reply
This is truly a showstopper. I am in awe!
Morisot said... (8/13/07 12:25 PM) Reply
I'll second the "WOW" and "You look like you stepped out of a fashion magazine." Great design details!
Linda G said... (8/13/07 11:41 AM) Reply
wow what a stylish outfit...I would have never given that pattern a second look but your outfit looks like you walked out of a fashion magazine.
Izzie said... (8/13/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Who knew that was such a cute skirt! You certainly couldn't tell from the BWOF photos. Lovely, inspiring work as always!
Sadlesor said... (8/13/07 10:27 AM) Reply
What a fun outfit to make. You did a great job and I love your color combinations. Thanks for the sewing inspiration.
Lynngray said... (8/13/07 10:14 AM) Reply
Wow Just wonderful. As always.
beangirl said... (8/13/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Wow, what a departure in style for you (and so successfully, I might add)! This is just so... Brigadoon. In a GOOD way, I mean. I love this on you!
Mufffet said... (8/13/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Just so chic!! Just so well done and the outfit is so special. I admire your style. :)
yummymummy38 said... (8/13/07 9:45 AM) Reply
very dramatic skirt, Liana, I could imagine it in Dupion silk for evening. Love your Marfy jacket too.
Levone said... (8/13/07 9:25 AM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit! Your skirt looks totally 'wearable', whereas I didn't get that impression from the magazine photo. Great job!
Marji said... (8/13/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Very distinctive and just lovely Liana. It really works with the blouse and jacket.
lmg said... (8/13/07 9:10 AM) Reply
OOH! Your skirt looks better than the pattern picture. WHat a wonderful outfit! Wish I was tall enough to pull off a skirt like this. BTW the Marfy jacket is TDF.
BeckyC said... (8/13/07 7:49 AM) Reply
Your skirt is wonderful on you! It looks like such a fun skirt to wear and looks perfect with your jacket and blouse.
Ripple Dandelion said... (8/13/07 7:12 AM) Reply
I adore your skirt, and I envy you the height to pull it off. The whole outfit is smashing.
zora said... (8/13/07 5:37 AM) Reply
What a beautiful skirt! The jacket looks great with it.
Sea-my said... (8/13/07 3:27 AM) Reply
Your skirt is great!!!!! And you look so slim, Are you sure you took size 44? '-) You say it looks like the photo on the pattern. No, is is MUCH better. It was so wise to combine too fabrics. I like the skirt so much, and I would definetly sew it myself but the size is not good for me.)
khrome said... (8/13/07 3:03 AM) Reply
This outfit is really cute! I love the patterns you chose for the fabrics - they went well together. I think your outfit looks alot nicer than the one the model is wearing, so kudos for you for seeing past the "penguin suit" at it's possibilities!

Understanding Wool Fabrics