Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4602: OOP (70's Bow Blouses)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:8/15/07 10:21 PM
Last Updated:8/20/07 8:48 PM

Seamingly Simple said... (8/22/07 0:38 AM) Reply
Ooh, I like your second version even more than the first--the scale and organic nature of the print is more flattering on you (the first was good but the second is exquisite!)
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/21/07 10:41 AM) Reply
I love your blouses.
fuzzygalore said... (8/21/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Oh. Bow ties aren't my favorite memory from the 80s, maybe because of traumatic Dianne Feinstein memories ;-). But you manage to make them look attractive, no doubt from your impeccable fabric taste :-).
Christina Sonja said... (8/21/07 1:49 AM) Reply
Indeed, I have been seeing so many blouses with bow ties lately. I love your versions.
Em's Summer said... (8/21/07 0:13 AM) Reply
Fantastic!
Marji said... (8/20/07 8:17 AM) Reply
you are so right, the blouse silhouette that was popular back in the 70's is indeed back. Love your version in that Missoni style print - lovely!
Marilyn N. said... (8/16/07 4:21 PM) Reply
I think you found the perfect fabric for that top. It looks great on you!
Frogstitcher said... (8/16/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Fun and carefree, just as the pattern promised. Thanks for reminding us on the importance of taking a few minutes to read over the instructions before delving in. Sounds like both you and your students enjoyed your top - that makes it all worth it!
krissie said... (8/16/07 10:36 AM) Reply
Wow that's a happening top! Great job, I love it!
Kellie R. said... (8/16/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! What a fun blouse in a great fabric!! I love groovy and it looks fantastic!
cecelia said... (8/16/07 9:30 AM) Reply
Be bold--good for you--very nice looking, and your bow is just right. I think I made a dress from a similar pattern (in the 70's, yikes!).
leanmeansewingmachine said... (8/16/07 9:26 AM) Reply
Great fabric for a groovy style. Nice work!
busy91 said... (8/16/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Groovy! Marsha Brady would be so proud. I love the material. Good job!
ryan's mom said... (8/16/07 6:38 AM) Reply
Oh...what a great retro fabric for this pattern! You must feel great in this groovalicious top :) .
Blooms said... (8/16/07 3:36 AM) Reply
groovy baby!
Seamingly Simple said... (8/16/07 0:41 AM) Reply
I think you shouldn't hesitate to show your students your flamboyant style: the "different" teachers are the ones they'll remember. I recall thinking some of my teachers were pretty cool because they didn't care to dress like all the others. You have so many neat retro items, and this blouse is another fine example.
sewbehind said... (8/15/07 11:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I made this one back in the 70's. Great to see the OOP pattern. You look great in your blouse.
Birgitte said... (8/15/07 11:06 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in that blouse!
Linda G said... (8/15/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful...and oh yes I remember the days of trying to get that bow just right...I see the September Burda WOF has a blouse with a bow.

No Pattern Used Costume