Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2787 (Vogue Vintage Original 1948)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 25 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Rosebudsboon said... (3/9/10 4:02 PM) Reply
I can't wait to start this dress
MrsBaldwin said... (6/2/08 9:24 PM) Reply
This particular pattern has a really slimming effect while still accenting the curves, I think. Looks beautiful on you!
sewlucky said... (3/11/08 3:43 PM) Reply
I have a silk crepe-de-chine that I think would look great in this dress. After reading your review, and the previous one, I'm heading straight to my sewing machine and making it. Your dress turned out great!
moushka said... (3/8/08 11:13 AM) Reply
Stunning dress. You did a fabulous job. The style is very flattering. I think it would look lovely on almost every figure type, especially triangles with that lovely shoulder line. Wish I had a waist, I'd make it for sure! Thanks for a great review. Sue
CarolynGM said... (10/1/07 12:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful and flattering. I have always loved this pattern.
Angelia74 said... (9/10/07 12:41 PM) Reply
This ia a beautiful dress! Great job!!!
CA Eisenhour said... (9/2/07 9:01 AM) Reply
What a lovely, gorgeous dress that looks absolutely fabulous on you! I think you need to bump your ranking up from "Advanced Beginner!" Great work!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/25/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! Now THAT's a dress!! Enjoy your (future) dinner out with DH!! He's going to be proud to have you on his arm!! Do you REALLY still consider yourself an "Advanced Beginner"?
Sew Kitty said... (8/23/07 3:07 PM) Reply
I love this pattern and would love to make this dress! Congratz!
solosmocker said... (8/21/07 4:09 PM) Reply
Stunning and very flattering!
Heathar said... (8/20/07 8:36 PM) Reply
At this point, can only say "ditto"! Beautiful!
busyozmum said... (8/20/07 6:55 PM) Reply
You look stunning. What a beautiful dress you've created. :o)
Nancy K said... (8/20/07 1:58 PM) Reply
A beautiful dress! I am impressed that you call yourself an advanced beginner and tackled this project. Kudos to you for guts and a great job. I have been tempted to make this dress, and wondered what it looked like on a real person. It looks fabulous on you.
carolynw said... (8/20/07 9:05 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. You look so good in this dress you should be on a Haute Couture runway. Great job and terrific review.
Marji said... (8/20/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Kellie, it's beautiful and I disagree, I think you look very slim in it. Very flattering. Seam Binding is just an old fashioned word for hem tape. The solid rayon or poly stuff that has lines through it. Hem lace has pretty much replaced hem tape, but either would be acceptable. Congratulations on your first Vogue. I think you'll find as you continue that most that are marked 'Advanced' just require more time and a little bit more care in marking/pinning/stitching, but there isn't anything mysteriously different about them. Beautiful dress - you make me want to move my version of this up in my queue.
cindyann said... (8/20/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Wonderful dress. Fantastic job.
Lalena said... (8/20/07 7:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Was the shoulderpad that you used from another vintage dress thick? I'm wondering how hard it would be to make this dress with a less vintage (big shouldered) look? I love the S curve, but don't want a costume look.
pterion said... (8/19/07 10:57 PM) Reply
Lovely! And very chic!
Nancywin said... (8/19/07 8:54 PM) Reply
This dress is so beautiful - and flattering on you too. Very nice.
Kellie R. said... (8/19/07 8:06 PM) Reply
Kellie R. said... (8/19/07 8:05 PM) Reply
OMG - thanks SO MUCH everybody! This was such a fun project to make, then accessorize and dress up! A little factoid: the gloves are the ones I wore on my wedding day - I love having the opportunity to use them again! I picked up the hat in an antique mall for $10. :)
Heatherrique said... (8/19/07 7:58 PM) Reply
Such a stunning dress! Wonderful work and you look spectacular! Super review!
Lisa Laree said... (8/19/07 7:05 PM) Reply
Ooo, very pretty! And I just got this pattern in the last Vogue sale...
ladybegood said... (8/19/07 5:56 PM) Reply
So flattering! Its good to see that this pattern turned out so well even in a heavier fabric. Thanks for the review!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (8/19/07 4:45 PM) Reply
The dress turned out beautiful! I love the curved waistline.
LauraTS said... (8/19/07 4:06 PM) Reply
Looks beautiful; what a great job.
Ann Smith said... (8/19/07 3:09 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress and review. I have been wanting to make this dress for a long time so I'm very excited to see how lovely it looks on you. Love the hat.
Em's Summer said... (8/19/07 3:03 PM) Reply
It looks like you just stepped out of a 40s movie! Wonderful dress and great accessories!
morzel said... (8/19/07 1:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Makes one want to have one as well.
DorothyK said... (8/19/07 1:06 PM) Reply
I think this is a stunning pattern and you did a fantastic job. Thank you for the good review. Now I'm tempted to try it myself.

Lekala Patterns 4042