Pattern Reviews> Other> 6019 (Pictorial Art Deco, ca. 1931)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:8/25/07 5:56 PM
Last Updated:5/31/08 8:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
AnneM said... (6/8/08 2:54 PM) Reply
I adore your skirt (and dress). Great job, and a lovely style.
CarolynGM said... (6/3/08 7:52 PM) Reply
Your skirt is so elegant. Great review.
MagpieJen said... (6/1/08 2:36 PM) Reply
You're a lady after my own heart - what lovely Deco garments! Thanks for posting that Threads link too - I had it before but lost it. I am sure I'm going to be coming back to it, and to your great review, the next time I face a dreaded vintage side placket :-)
Athene said... (10/7/07 3:02 AM) Reply
I love it. This outfit is so gorgeous. Also thank you for the very detailed review. I love it. This outfit is so glamerous. Also thank you for the very detailed review.
Catherine McK said... (10/3/07 11:20 AM) Reply
What a fabulous pattern, and beautifully made up. I love the colour choice. Genuinely wearable, too. If you do work out how to copy the pattern, I should love to get in the queue - it's even in my size!
cdeal said... (9/1/07 2:56 PM) Reply
This is so gorgeous that I had to come back for a second look. I saw the original posting and it has just stuck in my mind. I am in awe. Thanks for sharing your review and blog.
cdeal said... (9/1/07 2:56 PM) Reply
PhyllisC said... (8/27/07 7:50 PM) Reply
Fab-u-lous!
bananaoil said... (8/27/07 6:17 PM) Reply
It's beautiful.
cathy45 said... (8/27/07 8:45 AM) Reply
A work of art.
KiwiWendy said... (8/27/07 4:25 AM) Reply
ohhhh, that is a beautiful ensemble. Elegant and from my favourite fashion decade - 1930s. Delicious and you look fantastic in it
carolynw said... (8/26/07 12:57 PM) Reply
This is unbelievably beautiful - really don't know how to say how very impressed I am. Great work!
Tiner W said... (8/26/07 8:37 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Stunning work!
Danvillegirl said... (8/26/07 7:42 AM) Reply
Wow! Excellent workmanship! Truly a lovely dress and I really like this pattern.
PixieCat said... (8/26/07 6:04 AM) Reply
What an incredible dress! It's stunning on you.
fuzzygalore said... (8/26/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous. Good for you to figure out what period your body is from, and to dress it accordingly :-)..
Marilyn N. said... (8/26/07 2:09 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with your outfit! thanks for putting up the pictures of your belt making process.
Kellie R. said... (8/26/07 0:52 AM) Reply
Holy Smokes!!!!!! That's one heck of a beautiful dress! You put so much care and work into every detail - this illustrates wonderful and meticulous sewing. Thanks for the pics of the construction - The pleating and inserts were interesting and informative. Just beautiful!
akazukinchan said... (8/25/07 11:46 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful dress and it looks nice on you. I especially like the lace in the inverted pleats.
Heatherrique said... (8/25/07 11:08 PM) Reply
Amazing! For a second, I thought you were a high fashion mannequin! The dress was made for you! But really it was you who made the dress (take it as a double entendre)! Tres belle!
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/25/07 10:32 PM) Reply
Outstanding. Well done!
tomed said... (8/25/07 9:35 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous!
DorothyK said... (8/25/07 8:44 PM) Reply
This is absolutely smashing. What a great job. The hat is the finishing touch.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (8/25/07 8:26 PM) Reply
Wow! What a gorgeous dress and it looks beautiful on you.
Kay Y said... (8/25/07 7:55 PM) Reply
This is a lovely dress and jacket - Thanks for the detailed review too!
mad4sewing said... (8/25/07 6:56 PM) Reply
I just love it. It has such class. Excellent style for you too!
Linda G said... (8/25/07 6:50 PM) Reply
Your dress is absolutely beautiful...yes the patterns were so wonderful with the darts on the back neck. the fabric is beautiful too. The hat is a really "tops off" the outfit.
sewbehind said... (8/25/07 6:48 PM) Reply
That is beautiful on you. Timeless!
So So said... (8/25/07 6:26 PM) Reply
Waht can I say! Beautiful in the fullest sense of the word! I love all the 30's styles. So elegant. The pattern fits you perfectly. This was designed and sized for you. This is your garment. Your loving attention to detail is devotion. Your granny would have been proud of you and pleased that you got so much pleasure form making this. THank you for your detailed review and your presentation of pictures.

by: nanneke