Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB025FB (Frenchy Bags)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

Last Updated:11/5/07 9:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

Other Projects by Karen6790 using this Pattern

fiddlestick chic said... (5/23/09 3:52 PM) Reply
When I saw this bag made up in very dressy fabric I knew I had to get the pattern for an evening bag I want to take to the opera.( DH got tickets for our anniversary!) I bought the pattern immediately! LOVELY bag you made, ( all of them really!) You definately inspired me to make some!
daisym said... (3/14/09 1:49 AM) Reply
I love the bag with the denim inside -- your colors are wonderful together, and the straps are great!
Hello Kitty Sews said... (11/9/07 5:36 PM) Reply
I love the leather & chenille bag!! I can't wait to make one now!
SarahSM said... (11/6/07 4:28 PM) Reply
Ooh, I love the brown version!
cindy-lou said... (11/6/07 4:10 PM) Reply
Oooooh... you are SO stylin' for that wedding! I am envious of your talent. What a beautiful ensemble!
anuprabhu said... (11/6/07 3:06 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! The review is so helpful since I was considering making the bag and now, I'm convinced. Love the fabric choice too.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/6/07 1:00 PM) Reply
I love your elegant bag. It perfectly complements your very lovely ensemble. When I first began reading about the upcoming wedding for your friend, I had no idea that my DD would soon become engaged to marry! Now I have a wedding to attend in the near future. You've given me some terrific ideas!
Sic said... (11/6/07 8:57 AM) Reply
I love the modifications you made! The trim really dresses it up!
xtreme1 said... (11/5/07 11:32 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous!
EastwoodFan said... (10/3/07 3:04 PM) Reply
I am working on this bag now and appreciate the hints re: the pockets, omitting the magnetic snap and so on. Your handbags look great!
Elemenopeo said... (8/30/07 6:54 PM) Reply
I love both bags - so stylish.
nicegirl said... (8/29/07 12:29 PM) Reply
I love the bag--it's such a great shape.
Hilary said... (8/28/07 5:44 PM) Reply
Great review! Both bags are FABULOUS!! I've been wanting this pattern and I don't think I can resist much longer, thanks to you :D
slanden99 said... (8/28/07 12:56 PM) Reply
Very nice bags!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/28/07 11:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for telling us how long it took you to construct this bag. I am rather slow when it comes to AB patterns, but this one sounds like it's not too involved.
sarahb said... (8/28/07 9:07 AM) Reply
love the bags--especially the one with leather. I keep wanting to sew myself a leather bag...great job!
Em's Summer said... (8/28/07 7:07 AM) Reply
Great bag!
DorothyK said... (8/28/07 0:47 AM) Reply
Great job. I love the Frenchy bag. I think it will be the first bag I choose to sew. I like your choice of fabric.
SarahSM said... (8/27/07 11:21 PM) Reply
More awesome Frenchy Bags! Thanks for this review---each one people do is so different from the next. Thanks for more inspiration!
pen_sew said... (8/27/07 11:10 PM) Reply
Nice review. I especially like the home dec/ leather version. I made one from AB fabric and as a beginner it took me a while to put it all together. I'm going to try it with a shorter top section like you did. I'm going to experiment with other fabrics like maybe a faux suede home dec fabric I picked up this weekend. Thanks for the review.
Pattern Work