Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5006 (Basic Pleat Pant)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:3/4/03 6:52 PM
Last Updated:3/4/03 6:56 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Diane E said... (3/6/03 2:13 PM) Reply
Hi all, thanks for your comments! Irene, the hem circumference on the pleated/no pleated version is the same. All the extra ease tapers to nothing at about 5" above the cut edge. Sherril, the circumference of my pants (size S) is 18 7/8. According to the pattern envelope, the hem circumference is 17 - 20 1/4" (xxs to xxl). Elona, unless you use silk, you can't get much drapier than the fabric I chose. It's a very soft flowy rayon/poly blend. I wore my pants today and they are so comfie and drapey (love the fabric). Looking forward to sizing down, though!
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/5/03 10:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review, Diane. I made a pair of LH pants several years ago and was so dissatisfied with the fit, even after a lot of alteration, that I sold all the rest my LH patterns on ebay. Since then, I have revisited her via the Boatneck Top, which I love. Well, everyone has their strengths (and weaknesses). -Ann
SouthernStitch said... (3/5/03 1:17 AM) Reply
I think your pants look good on you, but I see from the picture on the website they are very full indeed. I might try these, though. I like the styling with a little less ease.
Elona said... (3/5/03 0:12 AM) Reply
They actually look very good on you, Diane. Based on the fit, though, do you think they would be better in a very drapey, swoopy rayon or silk? That might give a particularly luxe effect, taking advantage of all that ease (6" is a lot, all right).
Susan Parker said... (3/4/03 11:39 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Diane. This pattern didn't interest me due to the large amount of ease. Your pants do look nice even if there is a lot of ease.
Sherril Miller said... (3/4/03 10:06 PM) Reply
This is an interesting pattern. Can you tell me how wide your pants are at the hem?
Nancy Powers said... (3/4/03 8:55 PM) Reply
Diane, thanks for the detailed review. I just traced off my pattern today... I chose the XS even though in her other pants I wear a S. I was concerned about all that ease and your review confirmed for me that I was right to go down a size. Thanks again!
Deepika said... (3/4/03 7:55 PM) Reply
Diane even though your pants look very good but I have to agree with you on the fit. They are very roomy and will not fit the 'trouser' need for everyone. Thanks for an excellent review!
Irene said... (3/4/03 7:17 PM) Reply
Diane, the pants look nice, but I can imagine that you have others that you prefer. Is the extra ease for pleats mostly in the tummy/hip/thigh area (with lower hem circumference the same or only slightly larger than for no-pleats? Or does the pleated version "flowy" all the way down? Thanks for reviewing this. When I saw the pattern, I started to consider adding pleates to the Textile Studios Basic Pant (by Loes), rather than purchase this pattern.
Charmaine said... (3/4/03 7:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I think they look great on you. There seemed to be alot of material/room on the models on the pattern front and I have been reluctant to purchase this pattern. From your review, it is obvious that you know how to fit yourself very well. I agree that these would be difficult for the beginner to fit.

April Rhodes Staple Dress