Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-04 (Gathered Neck T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04

Best Patterns of 2007
Posted on:9/4/07 11:18 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Roxxygrl said... (5/4/08 7:36 PM) Reply
The more I read, the more I realise I have to have this magazine. The styles are simple and stylish and the resulting garments you ladies make are fab.
Sew4Fun said... (11/20/07 3:41 AM) Reply
Barbara - no it doesn't matter. The sleeve still fits.
Barbara J said... (11/19/07 6:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for your reply Belinda, will trace the sleeve from 2/2007-3 to fit into 2/2007-4 armhole. The only other question, sorry, is although the backs of view 3. and 4. are the same number (2), The fronts are not the same numbers, they are (1) and (6), does this matter at all? Thanking you again. barbara j
Sew4Fun said... (11/19/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Barbara, the easiest way is to trace one of the sleeves from the other patterns in the magazine. The sleeves are all inchangeable with the various tees. #3 has a short sleeve without gathers. HTH
Barbara J said... (11/18/07 3:17 AM) Reply
Belinda your garments and reviews are terrific, and a big help but I wish I had read this one before tracing. I have traced the puffed sleeve t-shirt front and back, and it took me all day, I am hoping you are able to tell me how to alter the sleeve (7.) pattern to remove the gathers? so the sleeve is plain, thanking you . barbara j
utz said... (10/11/07 8:47 AM) Reply
Beautfiul shirt, very interesting use of pattern changes,fabric and trim. Also, read your blog - about how you altered pattern for gathering which I will using for T patterns. But thank you - also - this info was helpful in my wearable muslin in unstable knit where I stretched out the scoop neck by 1.5 inches - used your gathering technique and now it wearable! So if I ever stretch neckline out again - gathering will become the design opportunity. Thanks!
AnneM said... (9/11/07 8:43 PM) Reply
Great shirt. Very interesting on your hem treatment - looks great. I've not seen ribbon like that before. (Of course, there's a lot of stuff I haven't seen before.) And I agree w/ Cidell - calling this a tee does not come near to describing it.
Bonnie O said... (9/8/07 5:01 PM) Reply
What a great top. That fabric is lovely and I love how you adapted the pattern to it. Cute cute cute!
busyozmum said... (9/6/07 2:23 AM) Reply
You do the most awesome reviews Belinda. Thank you for sharing so much detail in your variations. There's always something of interest in your reviews. Thanks again. :o)
2BSewing said... (9/5/07 7:26 PM) Reply
Stunning! I love the black and white fabric. Enjoyed your review.
slanden99 said... (9/5/07 5:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! love the neckline treatment
Lori V said... (9/5/07 5:28 PM) Reply
Beautiful t-shirt, Belinda.
Levone said... (9/5/07 10:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I love your embellishments.
Sharon M said... (9/5/07 9:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful tee!
Hilary said... (9/5/07 7:56 AM) Reply
How pretty! The fabric is lovely, and I love the details you put in. Thanks for the review!
katybee said... (9/5/07 7:29 AM) Reply
Another great one! Really cute t, so feminine! I agree, these Otto t's are the best, now I'll have to try this version too!
MissCelie said... (9/5/07 7:27 AM) Reply
I love the fabric choice. Can it still be called a tee when it looks this nice?
Tiner W said... (9/5/07 7:06 AM) Reply
Wow, that's beautiful!
Sew4Fun said... (9/5/07 5:16 AM) Reply
Membear, the ribbon came from Darn Cheap Fabrics. They currently still have some.
Membear said... (9/5/07 3:54 AM) Reply
Thankyou for your review . I saw this in progress on your BLOG and wondered how the organzaz ribbon was used . I live in Melbourne too Where did you get the ribbon??The T shirt is lovely and I am in the process of making a similar one out of strtch lace from Cutting edge fabrics . Thanks again.
Ingiepops said... (9/5/07 3:18 AM) Reply
I love what you did with this fabric and this pattern. Bravo another great creation!
Marita Kinnula said... (9/5/07 2:41 AM) Reply
WOW!!!!, that top is a knockout, love that fabric and the neckline detail, very clever:-) Marita
nimble said... (9/5/07 1:31 AM) Reply
That turned out just gorgeous and will definitely be a great going-out top! Your changes make it special and I really like the sleeves. I need to try that stretch organza!
Grammy Gin said... (9/5/07 0:50 AM) Reply