Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2002-120 (Knit Tunic)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:9/24/07 9:03 PM
Last Updated:9/24/07 9:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
AlexaNJ said... (10/9/07 10:36 PM) Reply
Very very cool top. Love it!
Athene said... (9/28/07 10:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I think your top looks just fine in the light weight knit. I have been looking at this pattern on and off for the past 5 years. Seeing it made up may give me the push I need to make it as I really like this top.
Erica B. said... (9/26/07 11:30 AM) Reply
I love this outfit! It looks so comfy.
narcissaqtpie said... (9/25/07 7:57 PM) Reply
I'm in love with this tunic! I love your style
hongkongshopper said... (9/25/07 4:54 PM) Reply
It looks fab on you. And much better than a sweat top!
mewiththree said... (9/25/07 1:24 PM) Reply
Very cute. Simple yet stylish. I think this would work well for a business casual outfit!
Christina Sonja said... (9/25/07 12:41 PM) Reply
Looking good...
janet said... (9/25/07 11:38 AM) Reply
You are one stylin' lady!
Skymom said... (9/25/07 9:54 AM) Reply
Looks great. I never quite know what to do about those turtlenecks. Overall this top looks really nice in the soft, drapy knit. I wonder if, in a future version, you could "interface" the collar with a layer of sturdier knit.
Nancy K said... (9/25/07 9:39 AM) Reply
I have to dig this pattern out. It looks great and I was looking for a good tunic pattern.
Grammy Gin said... (9/25/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Looks very comfy & great on you!
jillc3610 said... (9/25/07 9:10 AM) Reply
I love the pattern. It looks great on you. It's my kind of style.
carolynw said... (9/25/07 9:08 AM) Reply
OK Cidell you have me on this ?-If you had no seam allowance in the front for the slit what did you do to get one? It looks good (as usual) and comfy on you. I think besides all the other ideas for use I think it would be smashing as an evening top in a knock out knit worn over slacks
LauraLo said... (9/25/07 3:37 AM) Reply
I love it! And it's so trendy
Sigrid. said... (9/25/07 1:52 AM) Reply
Really not a "sweatsuit" by the look of it, but I can see what you mean. I'll go to the library to find the issue!
Marilyn N. said... (9/25/07 1:08 AM) Reply
It looks so comfortable & stylish at the same time, I bet you will wear this a lot.
MelissaB in WA said... (9/25/07 0:15 AM) Reply
That turned out so cute!!!
Deepika said... (9/25/07 0:12 AM) Reply
I have this issue! I might have to make these too. Yours look so stylish!
Karen6790 said... (9/24/07 11:15 PM) Reply
That looks SO much better than a sweatshirt! I like the turtleneck as is, whether or not it's what Burda intended. Really cute.
Nancywin said... (9/24/07 10:54 PM) Reply
I ALMOST bought this exact same color of fabric for this outfit this weekend! Great minds... I ended up buying brown because I am making a lot of gray things right now and will probably get sick to death of sewing on gray. I'm really liking the pieces to this outfit. I think the drapey turtle looks nice. I bought a more stable knit for the pants and wrap, but was thinking I might use a more drapey rayon jersey for the turtle.
Kathy in NM said... (9/24/07 10:50 PM) Reply
Wow, cool top/tunic! Only 1 7/8 yd?! Can't beat that. Very nice.
kv said... (9/24/07 10:22 PM) Reply
Cidell, that turtleneck is supposed to be like that, somewhere between a turtleneck and a cowl. I have seen other Burda knit collar drafts just like it.
PegL said... (9/24/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Very cute! You have a knack for selecting great styles for yourself!