Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8425 (High-waisted skirt)

Reviewed by:LauraLo

About LauraLostarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/25/06
Posted on:9/25/07 9:40 AM
Last Updated:9/25/07 10:23 AM

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
gernella said... (3/6/10 1:30 PM) Reply
I'm tempted with this pattern because you look so good in it but I haven't got your figure. Love the top with it as well.
lwcowgil said... (3/25/08 12:13 PM) Reply
You know what is great about your review? All the details and pictures! Your specificity really helps those of us who might like to use some of the techniques and alterations you discussed! Thanks!
lwcowgil said... (3/25/08 12:09 PM) Reply
KitnRose said... (10/4/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Completely fabulous, excellent job!
KitnRose said... (10/4/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Completely fabulous, excellent job!
Plastic Kitten said... (9/30/07 11:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous!! thanks for the tip about adding the boning, i think i shall do the same!
Tany said... (9/27/07 4:15 PM) Reply
Again fabulous outfit and VERY HELPFUL review!!! You look awesome!
SarahWeb said... (9/27/07 9:56 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (9/26/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Wow, fantastic skirt. Great review, too.
ELizabeth_Atl said... (9/26/07 6:20 PM) Reply
Another sassy skirt. Beautifully rendered. I love the storyboard. Can't wait to see all your creations : )
LindsayT said... (9/26/07 4:17 PM) Reply
Fabulous, and I love reading about all the detail you put in to it.
Bonnie O said... (9/26/07 12:02 PM) Reply
OMG, I just spit my coffee out after reading Cidell's "Naughty Secretary" comment. So very true!!
Bonnie O said... (9/26/07 12:00 PM) Reply
How handy that you and Erica both reviewed this today! I LOVE this look on you. Very striking. And your tips are very helpful.
Erica B. said... (9/26/07 10:43 AM) Reply
Laura, this skirt looks fabulous on you! I plan to make this version too.
LauraLo said... (9/26/07 7:45 AM) Reply
Hi, Dracula :) That top is a reprinted vintage pattern, Simplicity 4047 and you can read my review of this pattern here: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=20152
mending maven said... (9/26/07 7:33 AM) Reply
Also love that top. What pattern is that? If you would be so kind?
Danvillegirl said... (9/26/07 5:24 AM) Reply
You are a great sewist! Very helpful review. Skirt looks great on you! Oh to be young and thin again!
LauraLo said... (9/26/07 4:29 AM) Reply
Thank you, ladies! It is a pleasure to write reviews when there are so many people appreciating them! Thank you
EveS said... (9/25/07 11:14 PM) Reply
This is seriously hot! I just love it, and you wear that style to perfection!!!
ChristineX said... (9/25/07 10:53 PM) Reply
hubba hubba, that is one beautiful skirt! Great outfit!
emo said... (9/25/07 9:47 PM) Reply
You totally give me hope about one day being able to make awesome stuff! This looks amazing, of course.
Schnauzer said... (9/25/07 8:07 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt and it looks fantastic on you!
Kennis said... (9/25/07 8:05 PM) Reply
You are always so thorough (I read your blog as well) and I love your impeccable attention to details. I am very impressed and inspired!
yaiAnn said... (9/25/07 6:30 PM) Reply
That skirt is so glamorous! Great job!
hongkongshopper said... (9/25/07 5:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous skirt and great review. Love it!
CarolynGM said... (9/25/07 2:44 PM) Reply
Wow. That is so stylish and beautifully constructed. Thanks for the boning tip; it's a great idea for this waist style.
twistedangel said... (9/25/07 2:22 PM) Reply
Now that is one hot piece of fashion!! Love it!
LauraLo said... (9/25/07 1:09 PM) Reply
Thank you all, I'm really happy you like it! Cidell, it is indeed naughty secretary :), I love this look. Miriam, aka Hawkemorningstar7, the skirt is super comfy, that's why I chose this sew-through boning, because it's very flexible and molds to the body. The pictures are taken after wearing the skirt an entirey day (which means sitting at a desk for an entire day). I didn't even feel there was a boning and bonus... there were hardly any wrinkles or wear lines at the end of the day (this is because of the sturdier interfacing as well).
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (9/25/07 12:59 PM) Reply
Very Va va Voom, thanks for super tips, tutorial, etc. Great boning idea. Sure its comy sitting a ta desk??....if so i MUST try this too, my high waist clothes get those wrinkles. Thanks so much !
Christina Sonja said... (9/25/07 12:24 PM) Reply
I *love* this look! The Simplicity blouse works great with the high-waisted skirt.
Ceri said... (9/25/07 11:58 AM) Reply
Great style and great execution! Congrats!
MissCelie said... (9/25/07 11:03 AM) Reply
Girl. You are on fire in this skirt. Wow. It's very 'naughty secretary' isn't it? It works perfectly with your figure. And I never would have thought to use boning in the waist.
Luckylibbet said... (9/25/07 11:02 AM) Reply
Very chic! and very professional. I'm looking forward to reviews of the rest of your plan.
squirrellypoo said... (9/25/07 10:53 AM) Reply
This looks lovely and so professional. I love that you inserted boning, too - the high-waisted skirt from the Fall SewStylish used boning and it was the first I've ever heard of such a thing!
bluenines said... (9/25/07 10:44 AM) Reply
great skirt, love the fit and a very helpful review , i will be putting this one on my list of must get vogues when they come on sale
narcissaqtpie said... (9/25/07 10:14 AM) Reply
I love that skirt. you look great!
dbsewer said... (9/25/07 10:08 AM) Reply
Ah, yes, I remember when I sewed with a size 6 and had to take it in :-). The skirt is lovely and you did a wonderful job. thanks again for the links - they're always helpful.
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/25/07 10:00 AM) Reply
Cute skirt, LauraLo! I can't wait to see the rest of your wardrobe pieces.
Skymom said... (9/25/07 9:57 AM) Reply