Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8425 (High-Waisted Skirt)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

About Erica B.starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/6/06
Posted on:9/26/07 11:21 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Vesta Patterns

calypso said... (10/3/07 8:03 PM) Reply
Erica- I think this high waisted trend is great and you certainly wear it well. Great job!
Hilary said... (10/3/07 10:01 AM) Reply
What a pretty skirt, Erica-it looks great on you! I love that waistband, it's very flattering.
ChristineX said... (9/30/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Wow, it is amazing how sexy plain old black and white can be! LOVE the skirt! =) The orange post is a nice touch for contrast!
Kipi said... (9/28/07 12:29 PM) Reply
Looks great! Sew Stylish magazine told how to draft your own high waist on a skirt, and they, too, suggested inserting boning to help keep its shape. I'm tall, too, and would love to try this trend. You've inspired me!
Sharon M said... (9/27/07 10:40 PM) Reply
Love this look on you! I never knew about adding boning to a high waisted skirt. I'll file that information away, but this is one trend that is not gonna work on my short waisted self.
Tany said... (9/27/07 1:04 PM) Reply
Erica, not only you look GREAT in this skirt (the whole outfit is fabulous!), you also share important lessons for the construction process of high waisted garments!! Thank you so much!
Grammy Gin said... (9/27/07 10:12 AM) Reply
Very Classy Lady !!
SarahWeb said... (9/27/07 9:52 AM) Reply
Erica, this skirt looks marvelous on you. I think I'll have to give this trend a try, too.
ryan's mom said... (9/27/07 6:50 AM) Reply
This sure looks great on you!!! But being a short-waisted gal, I think I'll pass on this trend. Yep--it'll be up to my boobs LOL.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (9/26/07 10:19 PM) Reply

Nancywin said... (9/26/07 8:18 PM) Reply
I like the idea of using boning in the side seams of the waist band. This looks very nice on you.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (9/26/07 7:08 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous pose! Background! Outfit! And, especially, woman!! Bravo!!
Vonnevo said... (9/26/07 5:39 PM) Reply
Fabulous Erica !!!!
Lori V said... (9/26/07 4:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty, Erica, it looks fantastic on you.
LauraLo said... (9/26/07 2:16 PM) Reply
Great skirt, Erica and you wear it so well! I love the waistcoat waist, I must try this, it looks so different from what you see in the stores.
SansSouci572 said... (9/26/07 2:13 PM) Reply
I was eyeing a similair pattern with Neue mode. Good idea with the boning. Did you sew the blouse too? I like the sleeves.
zazzie said... (9/26/07 1:57 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt Erica, thanks for the review. This one is on my list !
CarolynGM said... (9/26/07 1:30 PM) Reply
Well done and so cute with your white shirt.
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (9/26/07 1:29 PM) Reply
I love the photo..and the juxtaposition of the orange post against your black skirt. Nice composition, whoever took your photo. Your son?
squirrellypoo said... (9/26/07 1:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I'm loving the high waisted trend. :) And the waistband detail on that looks SO similar to the #103 trousers from the Aug 07 BWOF that I'm planning to make.
narcissaqtpie said... (9/26/07 12:35 PM) Reply
I love this skirt so much! Your outfit is very elegant.
Bonnie O said... (9/26/07 11:55 AM) Reply
Looks great, Erica. I haven't decided if this look is for me (I'm a shorty!) but it sure does look great on you.