Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1103 (Artful Dodger Prudence Blouse)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:9/30/07 1:56 AM
Last Updated:9/30/07 4:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

valerie sews said... (9/15/08 3:08 AM) Reply
Nancy I made this pattern up some time ago and had all the same problems. I think the sleeves are drafted to be tight fitting - thought it was just me. And I couldn't get the pleats to work at the back without a lot of fiddling. Like you I still think this pattern could work with complete redrafting, and like you I think it's unfair that it isn't well drafted in the first place. Thank you for your review.
Mari31 said... (11/24/07 12:53 PM) Reply
I will join others in saying sorry for the trouble you had, but I must say that you made best of it. I like your sleeveless version very much - it looks very light. I am still going to make this piece, as I got the pattern as well and wanted to thank you for the great review! - it will definetely help me
Danvillegirl said... (10/3/07 7:17 AM) Reply
They are great looking patterns on the envelope but I seem to always have fitting issues. Sorry this did not work out,
OP Gal said... (10/2/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Sorry this didn't work for you. For some reason, I can't open some of your pictures, so I can't see the whole finished garment. It sounds like you made some great changes to the pattern.
hongkongshopper said... (10/1/07 2:57 AM) Reply
Oh dear! Doesn't sound like fun. At least you have something to wear in the end :(
Lori V said... (9/30/07 8:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review. I love the pattern and many of their patterns but will hold off.
narcissaqtpie said... (9/30/07 5:53 PM) Reply
despite the problems I think it's cute and unique.
MissCelie said... (9/30/07 5:41 PM) Reply
True,true. I got really lucky with my first HP and haven't made up the second yet. I will say it was far bigger than I was expecting.
Heatherrique said... (9/30/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Nancy, you might think this top did not work for you, but I am seeing a lot of tops that look like yours! I am wondering if those cutesy HP illustrations are made to tempt us into buying the patterns when in fact they are drafted really differently! I found that my first HP was larger than expected also! There are other patterns worth looking into. Thanks for reviewing this and sharing.
Irene said... (9/30/07 11:46 AM) Reply
Your blouse is just my style. It looks so good on you that I thought I'd have to make my first Hot Patterns purchase . . . until I read your review. Thank you for your thorough critique. I think I'll pull out a Loes Hinse tried & true top and alter for the design particulars here.
carolynw said... (9/30/07 10:46 AM) Reply
Nancy sorry it did not work out - with your level of skill if this caused you a problem I guess I won't be trying it anytime soon!!
oracle said... (9/30/07 9:55 AM) Reply
I like your sleeveless version! I've got this pattern, and haven't had a chance to make it up yet; seeing how good it looks overall on you makes me want to make it even more. I have the impression from other sewists that HP has improved their drafting since they put out this generation of patterns. It seems that people are running into fewer problems with their new stuff concerning pieces not seeming to fit or missing notches, etc. I'll re-read your review when I get around to making mine ...
bluenines said... (9/30/07 8:00 AM) Reply
im sorry this pattern did not work for you,thank you for such a great review, i think i will just keep away for ht patterns i was thinking of trying one but with all the problems with the drafting on them i think they might just be a bit too advanced for my skills at this time,, btw i like the top stitching that you did
Rebecca D said... (9/30/07 7:12 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this helpful review. I've yearned for this pattern for a long time and now I think I'll yearn for something else. I'm sorry for all the troubles with this, but what a help to the rest of us.

Bluegingerdoll Mae Blouse Patterns